Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Official Team Noob Thread

Started by JuniorPre 360, January 16, 2015, 01:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

bamagtrdude

JuniorPre 360, sent you a PM...

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

BC

BGD,

I applaud you for taking a mentorship role on your team. As a former co-captain I would like to make you aware of something you are missing. Pictures! Trust me this will be your teams biggest hurdle. If all of your guys are not on the same page regarding pictures, you can kill 50 turkeys a piece and it won't do you a bit of good. This is a photography contest as much as it is a turkey contest and make no mistake, if you post one entry that does not have perfect pictures in it, there is going to be some tool PM the admin and try to have your entry thrown out. Been there and done that. My guys were really good with the pic thing while we were in it but we were all on the same page regarding the sites expectations...... and we still had some entries contested. Even had one bird DQ'd last year.

Trust me. of all the good advice you have been giving you need so spend some time on pictures and the correct way to take them. All of you will have to be on the same page regarding pics or you will pay for it in the end.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: BC on March 03, 2015, 11:13:09 AM
BGD,

I applaud you for taking a mentorship role on your team. As a former co-captain I would like to make you aware of something you are missing. Pictures! Trust me this will be your teams biggest hurdle. If all of your guys are not on the same page regarding pictures, you can kill 50 turkeys a piece and it won't do you a bit of good. This is a photography contest as much as it is a turkey contest and make no mistake, if you post one entry that does not have perfect pictures in it, there is going to be some tool PM the admin and try to have your entry thrown out. Been there and done that. My guys were really good with the pic thing while we were in it but we were all on the same page regarding the sites expectations...... and we still had some entries contested. Even had one bird DQ'd last year.

Trust me. of all the good advice you have been giving you need so spend some time on pictures and the correct way to take them. All of you will have to be on the same page regarding pics or you will pay for it in the end.

BC, thanks for your post -- seriously!  I've got a PM into JuniorPre 360 about this *exact* thing you mention above 'cause I'm worried about this too...  I'll PM you & chat some more about it... 

Thx!
BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Efey

Well team I have to apologize tonight. It was opening day in Mississippi and I opted to bring the shotgun over my bow. Had a great morning, saw a handful of birds.  After 5 hours of sitting motionless with my shotgun at the ready, I needed to stretch. I put the gun down for less than two minutes and a big Tom flies down to my decoys 15 yards away. I made a move for the gun but he caught me. The first picture is the bird trotting away after pegging me (look to the right of the image).  Since the resolution is bad on the time lapse I checked the previous day to see if I could see them coming to the roost. Seems there were a few beards yesterday so it could have been one of them. Sorry guys.

Efey

Efey

Efey

Hey team! Anyone else make a hunt yet? Any luck? Stories? Anything?

ScottS

My season opens first week of April.

mason3toes

i have killed 2. Is everyone still participating? Do we have enough for a team?

Efey

Awesome mason! Are the pictures in another kill thread?

mason3toes

All i have are full body pics. I read BGD's post the night before the opener and thought it was done with so i didn't go thru the hassle of taking all the specific shots. Ill post them but wait till the next one for the contest

mason3toes

bird #1 Me and a buddy doubled on a flash hunt. 17lbs 12oz, 1in spurs, 9 3/4 beard.

bird #2 solo hunt, moved 6 times for this one and lasted over an hour from the first time i heard him gobble. 18lbs 13oz, 3/4 spurs, 10in beard.

Efey

Awesome start! What state are you hunting in?

mason3toes