Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Official Team Noob Thread

Started by JuniorPre 360, January 16, 2015, 01:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottS

Hey everyone thanks for allowing me to join the team! I live in amarillo, tx originally from the waco, tx area and I've been chasing turkeys since my first hunt with a regional director of the NWTF about five years ago. Since then I've managed to get five on the ground but I still consider my self a "know nothing" turkey hunter. I already got the notice that I was drawn for a WMA hunt here in Texas and I have land in oklahoma I can hunt and if that doesn't work out I can go down to the waco area and hunt some places down there so hopefully I can help the team out. Turkey season can't come fast enough!

Bigeclipse

Quote from: ScottS on January 20, 2015, 02:05:42 PM
Hey everyone thanks for allowing me to join the team! I live in amarillo, tx originally from the waco, tx area and I've been chasing turkeys since my first hunt with a regional director of the NWTF about five years ago. Since then I've managed to get five on the ground but I still consider my self a "know nothing" turkey hunter. I already got the notice that I was drawn for a WMA hunt here in Texas and I have land in oklahoma I can hunt and if that doesn't work out I can go down to the waco area and hunt some places down there so hopefully I can help the team out. Turkey season can't come fast enough!

Welcome to the team!  I like the idea of having a couple guys who may have some experience.  Even though we are a team of "noobs" it would be nice to have one or two somewhat experienced guys on the team to give some advice...etc!

Efey

Here are a couple of the beards on camera in the last month or so.  Dozens of turkeys in this field everyday. Maybe more toms as well but it's hard to see any detail past 20 yards on that time lapse camera.

bamagtrdude

---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

GobbleNut

Hey Noobs,...in case you haven't found out already, there is a maximum of twelve members for a team.  ...Look at the top of the team registration thread.
Good luck to you guys!  I'll be rootin' for you to come in second!   ;D

kevin2

LOOKS like we be full then!

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 20, 2015, 09:01:08 PM
Hey Noobs,...in case you haven't found out already, there is a maximum of twelve members for a team.  ...Look at the top of the team registration thread.
Good luck to you guys!  I'll be rootin' for you to come in second!   ;D
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Bigeclipse

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on January 16, 2015, 01:50:37 PM
2015 Team Noob (Still working on a team name)

1. JuniorPre 360
2. GomerPyle
3. mason3toes
4. Schemy
5. Bigeclipse
6. Efey
7. kevin2
8. bamagtrdude
9. Model 1300
10. Big Treble
11. AdamSean
12. ScottS

Hey Junior...it appears we are at the maximum team members of 12...

ScottS

Where do we find the contest rules, I am curious and can't seem to find them.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: ScottS on January 21, 2015, 08:46:33 AM
Where do we find the contest rules, I am curious and can't seem to find them.

Scott, the rules can be found here: http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,49412.0.html
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

JuniorPre 360

Then we're done adding new members. Thanks for pointing that out. I must have overlooked it.

turkey buster

Team choot em n da face is on your turf! Lol

Good luck guys

Efey

Well guys I went sit and scout today and pulled cards out of the time lapse. Same ole same ole. Tons of birds on film just about everyday. This time I even caught a couple strutters! Unfortunately I didn't see anything this afternoon :(

kevin2

Nice photos. Nice looking buck out there...

Quote from: Efey on January 25, 2015, 01:44:49 AM
Well guys I went sit and scout today and pulled cards out of the time lapse. Same ole same ole. Tons of birds on film just about everyday. This time I even caught a couple strutters! Unfortunately I didn't see anything this afternoon :(
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Efey

Quote from: kevin2 on January 25, 2015, 06:50:14 PM
Nice photos. Nice looking buck out there...

Quote from: Efey on January 25, 2015, 01:44:49 AM

Yeaaaa we have a handful of pictures of him. He needs a couple more years. Hopefully he makes it

Efey