turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Official Team Noob Thread

Started by JuniorPre 360, January 16, 2015, 01:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuniorPre 360

2015 Team Noob (Still working on a team name)

1. JuniorPre 360
2. GomerPyle
3. mason3toes
4. Schemy
5. Bigeclipse
6. Efey
7. kevin2
8. bamagtrdude
9. Model 1300
10. Big Treble
11. AdamSean
12. ScottS

kevin2

well, someone has to post first!

I did check out Spur Collector's area bamagtrdude  & it looks great. I'm no authority though, so don't go by me!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

bamagtrdude

JuniorPre 360, Pls AdamSean to our team of noobs; thx!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

JuniorPre 360

It doesn't look like my messages are going through to you and I'm not sure why. It's probably on my end with my PM's for some reason. I just need to see a post by him or receive a PM from him to confirm.

bamagtrdude

He posted on your thread in the General Forum last week; see attached pic.
---

JuniorPre 360

lol I'm a little out of the loop. If you know him personally, see if he'll stay an active member.

AdamSean, welcome to Team Noob!  :z-guntootsmiley:

bamagtrdude

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on January 19, 2015, 03:18:59 PM
lol I'm a little out of the loop. If you know him personally, see if he'll stay an active member.

AdamSean, welcome to Team Noob!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Cool!!  Thx man!   :icon_thumright:
---

Efey

Is anyone else chasing gobblers with a bow this spring?

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Efey on January 19, 2015, 05:14:13 PM

Yes, *AFTER* I get one w/my shotgun first.
---

kevin2

I started Turkey hunting in 2013, and I've only hunted them with a bow so far. I've called in numberous hens to inside 5 feet of my blind, but while hunting on my own in the blind, every Gobbler has hung up just out of bow range. Enough to drive me batty! Did get one Gobbler last year to inside bow range for me, but I was hunting with my daughter that day & her kill range for 25 yards & while I should have dusted that Gobbler when he got inside my range, I just couldn't shoot it out from under her. THE things dads do for their children! IN the end, we both left empty handed that day. The good thing was, I called the Gobbler into my bow range, which was the first Gobbler in the 2 15 day Michigan seasons I got inside the 40 yard mark.

I'm going to bring the shotgun to the field this year too. If I get lucky on opening morning and a Gobbler comes into my set, then I'll dust him with the bow. However, I'm planning on being mobile this year and going off after them with my shotgun IF they don't cooperate.

My original goal was to take my first Gobble with my bow, but I'm "adjusting" that goal! Time will tell AS to how that first Gobbler falls!
Quote from: Efey on January 19, 2015, 05:14:13 PM
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

JuniorPre 360

I'd like to welcome ScottS to the team today. He has killed a couple turkeys and is new to the forum. Feel free to post something ScottS.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on January 20, 2015, 10:19:25 AM
I'd like to welcome ScottS to the team today. He has killed a couple turkeys and is new to the forum. Feel free to post something ScottS.

:welcomeOG:  and welcome to Team Noob, ScottS.

JuniorPre 360 - this completes our team roster, right?
---

JuniorPre 360

It doesn't look like there's a cap on how many we can have on our team. But only the 9 biggest turkeys will count toward the contest.

Efey

Welcome ScottS!

Back to the bowhunting....

I shoot my bow year round and am comfortable on a vital area the size of a turkey's at 60 yards. I would never take that shot at a whitetail because they tend to move by the time the arrow makes it. Is it the same with turkeys? Should I limit shot distance to their ability to move or will they stay pretty still when they hear string whip?

bamagtrdude

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on January 20, 2015, 11:36:08 AM
It doesn't look like there's a cap on how many we can have on our team. But only the 9 biggest turkeys will count toward the contest.

10-4!
---