turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buckner vs Gibson crow

Started by bowbird87, December 30, 2014, 08:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

which one for strictly locating purposes.

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Sanatorium

Some folks use crow calls for crow huntin either call maker is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Sharpe

I would not want to use one, to locate turkeys with, that didn't sound like a crow! Mr. Darrell's has filled both ends of this question for me. I especially like the ones with the wooden tone boards.  I've never tried the Buckner.

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

pappy

Just got off the phone with Mr. Gibson this week and his calls are strictly crow...when you talk to a man who has thousands of dead crows under his feet, you best figure they sound right....and if they sound like a crow, what better evidence would you need to use them as a locator? Both his wooden and fibre inserts are spot on and his prices cannot be beat....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

bowbird87

Only reason I say locator only is I know a few guy that have call that sacrifice the rasp for more volume.

pappy

yep, and a good loud crow call will definitely get a tom frustrated, Darrell's calls are as loud as any...
tel...573-380-8206

ccleroy

I've been wanting to get a couple Gibson Crow Calls, how do I go about getting up with him?

pappy

here is his phone number 8282879277 he is out today till this evening, picking up a lathe. I just talked to the "boss: she says it should be around 6-7 pm....
tel...573-380-8206

ccleroy

Quote from: pappy on January 03, 2015, 03:35:13 PM
here is his phone number 8282879277 he is out today till this evening, picking up a lathe. I just talked to the "boss: she says it should be around 6-7 pm....

Thank you very much Jack

mgm1955

You won't go wrong with either, both great calls.

M Sharpe

Mr. Darrell is a fine man to talk to and I believe he can make almost every sound imaginable on a crow call!!!

Think I've got 6 of them, plus an open reed owl hooter.