OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First scratch box

Started by laturkeyhunter, December 08, 2014, 08:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laturkeyhunter

I got my first scratch box in the mail today it's an SS calls cedar and maple. I had never run a scratch box until I got this one I already like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laturkeyhunter

Here's a picture of it that I meant to put in the original post

mgm1955

Congrats on a great call! They don't get any better than the S&S boys put together!!

sbbow

Looking forward to mine as well. That's a nice looking call.

silverspur

Congrats on a real fine scratcher from the SS gang! :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

M Sharpe

Al and Josh make some good ones for sure!! Congrats!!! BTW, stock up on chalk, scratchers love the stuff!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

callmakerman

You picked up a good one that's for sure. Learn to run it and it will become a go to call in the turkey woods.

outdoors

:icon_thumright:  YA GOT A GOOD WON  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

laturkeyhunter

Thanks I really like this little call I have been playing around with it a little bit everyday and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Idratherb

no doubt once you get it down they are realistic as heck :gobble:

laturkeyhunter

What kind of chalk do yall recommend it came with a little white disc shaped piece.

SS Calls

Thanks for the nice words guys. Glad you like the call Sir. The white chalk that came with that call is railroad chalk. I also like the red box call chalk on them. Different chalks have a little different grip, so it's really personal preference.. If you need some other chalk to try, shoot me a pm on here.

Al

drenalinld

If you want a little more grip use rain chalk. Works really well on some scratch box combos.

Austy

The SS Boys make an awesome scratch box with lots of turkey stuffed in there for you.

turkey stew

Congrats on a mighty fine scratcher!