OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nice surprise

Started by callmakerman, November 08, 2014, 08:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Got home from work the other night and found a box on the kitchen counter addressed to me with no return address on it. I tried to think but could come up with nothing that I had ordered so I opened the box to find this awesome scratch box from my friend Austin Bott. This call came as a he surprise as for I never knew Austy made scratch boxes. Austy made this one in the Cost style from walnut, spanish cedar. red cedar and purple heart with a Spanish cedar and walnut striker. Austy had been reading a few posts where I had written that I am a scratch box junkie so sent he this one to add to my collection and chase the NY turkey's. This is one sweet sounding call that begs to be hunted. Austy I can't thank you enough for this fine gift and wonderful surprise.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mgm1955

Austy

Glad to hear that the package was a surprise and that you like the sound on that one.  I just had to add that " you made in your previous post to personalize it for you!!!  Thanks for your help!!!

silverspur

Congrats Bill on a great scratch box from Austin! Austin makes great calls and is a fine gentleman that I had the pleasure meeting this past September. :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

SS Calls

Congrats on a nice scratch box Bill! Very nice thing for Austin to do.  :icon_thumright:

callmakerman

Thanx guys. Austy builds one heck of a call and it's now official I'm a scratch box junkie and damn proud of it. Thanx again Austy for this fine call and gift.

Wingboneman