OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Binocular Suggestions

Started by Cove, October 28, 2014, 07:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Vortex viper HD
Zen Ray Primes

Are solid contenders with the alpha binos at a $600 price range. Me and my father own 1 each of both mentioned and couldn't be happier with lifetime warranties, incredible glass and excellent build.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

slamman

I have used Docter's, Zeiss and Vortex and liked each pair.  This past summer I obtained Swarovski SLC HD 15x56 and the El Range 10x42.  So far I have used them on elk and deer hunts.  I see more game at a greater distance than the previously mentioned.  Both have a great field of view, work exceptional in low light and easy to adjust.  With these glasses the old adage is true you get what you pay for and it's worth every $$$$ spent.

mgm1955

As I mentioned before I own several pairs of binos from different makers and varying price ranges. I keep mid range Nikons and Minox in my truck. Can't justify high dollar glass bouncing around even in their protective cases. I have a pair of Swarovskis EL 10x42 that I've hunted with for years. While there are a lot of good binos that are cheaper, there are none that compare to the clarity and low light capabilities of the EL. Secondly, this spring I dragged them through the dirt in TX and filled them full of TX grit. Sent them in to Swarovski and just got them back yesterday. Two pages of repairs and service at no charge!!This is the second time they have performed this service for me, NO CHARGE!!! It's like getting a new pair for free. I know they're are expensive, but with this kind of service and arguably the best optics if you can afford the money, buy them. IMO the best hands down.

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: GobbleNut on November 03, 2014, 08:55:46 AM
A major point to be made in this discussion is that regardless of how much money you spend on your binoculars, their cost will not make up for poor glassing technique in their use.  A guy with a good pair of inexpensive binoculars (yes, there are some of those out there) that knows how to use them will see more game than the guy that has the high-collar pair but doesn't have good glassing technique.

:icon_thumright: :happy0064:
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

ElkTurkMan

I absolutely love my Vortex Razors

BigMick

Quote from: drenalinld on November 01, 2014, 06:04:47 PM
Highest rated bino under $600! They are very good!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=762754&gclid=CN7Azpya1cECFYLyMgodthIABw&is=USA&Q=&A=details

I bought a pair of these for work after reading reviews and ratings....They are EXCELLENT for the money.  Very clear, great in low light, durable.  I HIGHLY recommend these!!

drenalinld

Quote from: BigMick on November 20, 2014, 08:55:40 AM
Quote from: drenalinld on November 01, 2014, 06:04:47 PM
Highest rated bino under $600! They are very good!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=762754&gclid=CN7Azpya1cECFYLyMgodthIABw&is=USA&Q=&A=details

I bought a pair of these for work after reading reviews and ratings....They are EXCELLENT for the money.  Very clear, great in low light, durable.  I HIGHLY recommend these!!

I bought 8x42 and 10.5 x 45 for the same price as a set of Vortex's and I think they are better. Cannot be touched for the money. I believe they are the best for $600 or less and they are a lot less. There is an Endeavor II which is driving the price of the Endeavor down, throw in a $50 rebate from Vanguard and they are a steal in my book.

bamagtrdude

I've used Nikon's for years; have served me well...
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)