OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got some new toys:

Started by ericjames, October 29, 2014, 11:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

Well I bought a few new to me old guns this week. I was tickled to be able to get my hands on them.

Top one is one I'm gonna try to use for hunting this spring. It's just a 21" 20ga 870.

Middle one is a browning BPS  made in 1979. 32" vent rib full choke.

Bottom one is a Belgium made A5 29.5" full choke that was made in 1958.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring Creek Calls

All  3 are sweet guns. That BPS would be a great waterfowl gun. Congrats!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ericjames

I bet it would be. We still hunt deer with dogs so I'm gonna see what kind of buckshot patterns it throws. That's what I planned on using it for.

mgm1955

Congrats on some great guns!!!

the Ward

Nice! You don't see 32" bps barrels everyday. That thing should throw some mean patterns! Wonder what it would do with some winchester LB 4's?  Congrats!

ericjames

I will be trying it with LB for sure. Lol. I probably paid to much for the bps,  just because of the 32" barrel. I have $300 in it. $300 in the a5 and $180 in the 870.

the Ward

I would say you got a good deal at those prices. Those are well made guns that will last a lifetime, and won't loose you any money should you decide to sell or trade them down the road.

Snoodsniper

Nice bunch of guns. Let me know when you get tired of that bps!

ericjames

Ok. Thanks, I will let ya know if I get tired of it. Lol. But I have a feeling it might be with me for a few years. I'm looking forward to seeing what this little 20 will do. I've been looking for pattern pics for the 20 ha 870 with a titewad choke in it.  That's the choke that's in it now. Hope it will do good with it and hevi shot 7's or the fed hw 7's.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Very nice guns.  Good luck with them. 

vpsalin

I have a 20GA 870 compact with 21'' barrel, same as your gun but with synthetic stock. I don't have access to any fancy 20GA ammo locally so the best I find is Winchester Super Pheasant no6. With those shells I'm good to go 30-35yards.
1966 870_WM / 20'' Deer RS / IC .665 / SHURSHOT / 1.75-5x32 Legend HD / LB_XR_3''_#5

Excalibur Micro335 RT / Nikon Bolt XR / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

Excalibur Grizzly305 MO / Deadzone / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

ericjames

Thanks hevi.  Vpsalin, I am ready to try it out. I was wishing winchester would hurry and make some longbeards for the 20. I will probably end up using hevi 7's or hw 7's