turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1187 20ga. pattern pics

Started by killer, March 19, 2011, 09:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killer

Quote from: killer;1042539I shot my little 20 yesterday after work.  I was quite pleased.  I think it patterned better & tighter than alot of my 12ga. have in the past.  I forgot my targets and had to use some small 3" circles only on my card board.

First up was the Nitro Heavy shot 4,5,7 thru a Jelly Head .570 choke.  Pattern a little to the left on first shot and alittle to right on second shot at 40yds. probably just me.
1st 40yd shot

2nd 40yd shot

25yd was nasty.  If I ain't careful I could miss.  It looks like the shot was off to the right a little but that was just the angle of the target because of wind.

Next up was the Federal Heavy Weight #7 thru a remington factory super full turkey choke.  Pattern was consistantly high but not to bad at all.  If I aim at the waddle I will eat the head and neck up.  Almost worked out perfect.
1st 40yd shot

2nd 40yd shot

25yd shot was nasty as well.  The wad even went thru the cardboard.

I shot a regular winchester supreme shell and 30 yards and it wasn't even close to 40yd pattern of these shells.  It would have still killed a bird dead though.  I would have to give the advantage to the Federal's but after I use all I have I will use the nitro setup untill I run out of those shells.  Both are plenty.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WyoHunter

Where the waddles meet the feathers + dead turkey!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase