OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rage Broadheads

Started by wernerjd, January 21, 2013, 01:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wernerjd

What do you all think about the rage broadheads for turkey hunting. I know they just came out with the "Turkey Broadhead" but what do you feel is a beter choice 2 blade or 3 blade. The 2 blade is 2 1/4" and the three bladeed is 1 3/4". I used the Spitfires last year and had one ricochet off the bird. Have any of you had that happen, there was huge pile of feather on the ground.

o2stk1

I use the same head I use to deer hunt swhackers no probs with them yet and man do they kill

drenalinld

I have shot at least ten with Rage 2 blade. One flew off with my arrow sticking out of both side of him????!!!!! The others expired very quickly. I love them for turkeys and everything else.

turkeyhunter91

i have killed 3 with the rages, i shot one in the body and it ran about 20 yards and fell over, the other 2 was my favorite shot on a turkey, the head and neck area, the tom i killed with them this previous spring i shot in the head and there was just a little piece of neck holding his head on, the bird i killed this fall i shot her in the neck and she ran maybe 20 yards and fell over, i shoot the 2 blades and love them for turkeys or deer

fallhnt

Ya I had arrows deflect off of birds,It breaks my heart.Too much work to have that happen.That said I have had good luck with 2 and 3 blade rage heads.I did have a blade break on a 2 blade this fall but all the birds i shot this fall/winter died within sight.I will use them this spring too.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

wernerjd

How and why would they deflect like that?

fallhnt

Heads that open over the top and have L shaped arms deflect due to shot angle at times. Rage open back and don't use up extra K.E. There are other heads out there that do the same as Rage now too.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

lmbhngr

GSLAM95

I have shot a pile of turkeys with the Spitfire Gobbler Getters and F.O.C.'s and have had nothing but great results. 
Have never had a broadhead ricochet!  Those birds must have looked like this.... :OGturkeyhead: 

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

yelpertom

Killed two birds wit the 2 blade rage right above the legs and they drop right there!

Dan Mallia

Put em where they need to go and any broadhead will work.  :OGturkeyhead:

I tried some and they flew great, just, uh, "operator error" on my part when wanting to witness their true effectiveness.  :TooFunny:

nickhrp

Got my first turkey with a bow this year and I'm using the turkey rage mechanical they worked for me right above the legs inline with the beard and he dropped and flopped a little

God Bless the Outdoors