OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

good pot call to learn on?

Started by bigyam627, August 29, 2014, 07:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigyam627

so im new to turkey hunting and am wanting to buy my first pot call. was wondering what you guys would recommend for my first. I've read slate is the most forgiving so I'm thinking slate. don't want to break the bank but wouldn't mind spending a little more for something with better quality. thanks

gwa

Talk to Al and Josh Shoemaker..... SS CALLS on here. A father/son team of award winning calls.

They can fix you up.....

Denny

letinmfly

Quote from: gwa on August 29, 2014, 07:38:12 PM
Talk to Al and Josh Shoemaker..... SS CALLS on here. A father/son team of award winning calls.

They can fix you up.....

Denny

I concur!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

hunter22

Hard to beat the price or sound you get with a Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen slate.

packmule

Quote from: hunter22 on August 29, 2014, 10:23:59 PM
Hard to beat the price or sound you get with a Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen slate.

X2!  You might also consider the Outlaw Hen which is a green glass call. 

outdoors

Lonnie Sneed
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

West Augusta

I also like Glen Marrer's glass pot calls.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

captin_hook

sleepyturkey

Sadler mcgraw with champions choice has some slate calls made up that sound awesome or try hounds tooth by lyle gilbert.

bigyam627

thanks for the input guys. decided to order the hot hen slate from lonnie today. seems like a great guy. he told me it comes with a purple heart striker and was just wondering what other strikers guys use on this call. wouldn't mind  buying a few different strikers to get some  different sounds. thanks.

hunter22

I run a Dogwood and a Persimmon on my Hot Hen. These have been deadly for several gobblers.