OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Flash flood pics from a trail camera

Started by captpete, July 12, 2014, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

We had a lot of rain in June and I was finally able to get across the creek to retrieve my trail camera. Here is a pretty cool picture sequence of a flash flood. The creek is about 20' behind the doe in the first pic. Just for perspective, the camera is about 5' off the ground and from the top of the bank to creek is also about 5'. It was roughly 50 hrs. from the 1st pic to the last.

7:50 AM on the 19th a doe & fawn feeding past the camera...it had rained/stormed off & on all night, receiving 2" -3" of rain.

HEAVY rain again in the afternoon...2" -3" in about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs.

4 hrs later.......had 137 pics just like this one.

3 hrs later, the water is starting to drop.

6 hrs. later after some more rain, it's coming back up. 58 more pics just like this one.

30 hrs. later the creek is back down & a doe and fawn are moving through. You can see the creek in the background behind the deer....it is still up, but in it's banks.

rem 300

WOW!!! That cam took a beating and still taking pics. What kind of trail camera is it? Cool pics too!!

fastford04

Whoa that's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

Cool!  The camera mfg. would probably like to see that series of pictures.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

bbcoach

Quote from: guesswho on July 12, 2014, 05:13:00 PM
Cool!  The camera mfg. would probably like to see that series of pictures.
I bet the manufacture would throw a few cams your way for the rights to those pics.  It would be great advertisement for them.  COOL PICS!

Tail Feathers

I'm in the market for a new one, what brand can withstand that?  Impressive for sure!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

El Pavo Grande

That is very cool!!!  Thanks for sharing.

captpete

Thanks guys! I wish the manufacturer would step up and give me a couple of cameras, but I don't think that is going to happen....it is a homebrew camera that I built. It consists of a Sony P32 camera hooked up to a Snapshot Sniper board in a Plano 1425 case. 

SinGin

Well thats good advertising for your homebrews then

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

datrip

Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007

Cove

That's a cool sequence! We had something similar happen a few years ago. We had put out a few cameras on some public land in IL and it was about a month later that we got back up to check them. One of the cameras was on a dry creek bed and the other in a bottom. The one of the creek bed had pics of the water rising and a pair of wood ducks swimming by at camera level. Pretty cool. That camera didnt fair as well though. .  . . ..

slamman

tomstopper

Neat. Looks like you already have a start to your marketing......lol

albrubacker

Very neat! Thanks for sharing! Good job making the camera
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott