turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Top 3 20 gauge turkey busters?

Started by 20ga.turkeyshooter, June 02, 2014, 10:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSLAM95

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

reynolds243

Benelli M2
Benelli M2
Benelli M2
Winchester SX3
Franchi Affinity

drenalinld

Read last comment! Much wisdom!

3bailey3

I got the M2 after reading alot bout them on here and i can tell you i love it!

Tail Feathers

Quote from: SKFOOTER on June 17, 2014, 11:38:09 AM
What about the Winchester SX3 in 20 gauge?? :OGturkeyhead:

From my research may be the best patterning and softest shooting of all of them.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

kcrowder

Cant comment on the "best" but I do know that I bought my 10 yr old son an M2 in 20ga and that sucker is SWEET! If I havent have already bought a new A5, I would be the owner of a new M2 in 12 ga. At just under 6lbs, it's the lightest gun I have ever held.

timberjack86

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Tail Feathers on October 24, 2014, 11:16:21 AM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on June 17, 2014, 11:38:09 AM
What about the Winchester SX3 in 20 gauge?? :OGturkeyhead:

From my research may be the best patterning and softest shooting of all of them.
I just bought one.  Tell my more about your research, Tail  :OGturkeyhead:Feathers.

Tail Feathers

I did lots of research, especially on this board, GN turkey forums and ShotgunWorld.com.  The Winchester backbore gives great patterns for waterfowling and turkey apparently.  Enjoys a great reputation on SW.com (which is hard to do there apparently) for reliability, value and function.  Many shooter says it's as soft a shooting gun in 12 or 20 as they've handled.  The weight, while heavier than a Franchi or Benelli, carries light.  It's well balanced and fit me well in the gun store (waterfowl version).  POA and POI are on with them and one guy on GN.com says he is thrilled with the .585 Carlson's flush fit choke and HW7's, but he didn't have a pattern pic.  Another guy there did (with the cantilever version) and put 143 up out of the box with that combo.
And of course Sumtoy posted on here some time back the SX3 with a 26" barrel had the highest total with HW 7's that he had personally seen with his .562-5 choke.
That's an executive summary of many hours searching and reading.  I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it! :icon_thumright:

Deast1988

I've got the sx3 20ga NWTF, I love it.

Pure gold .555 gave me 180s with nitro 7s box stock.

I got a .562 from Sumtoy on order soon as I get it I'll run it with Nitro 7, Fed 6 and 7 heavyweight.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Deast1988 on December 29, 2014, 08:41:35 AM
I've got the sx3 20ga NWTF, I love it.

Pure gold .555 gave me 180s with nitro 7s box stock.

I got a .562 from Sumtoy on order soon as I get it I'll run it with Nitro 7, Fed 6 and 7 heavyweight.
I have one also.  What sighting system are you using?? :OGturkeyhead:

Deast1988

Fast fire 2 on the last vent of the cantilever

Packs awesome just right.

Tail Feathers

SK, I took my SX3 duck hunting this weekend because I had to shoot it at something! :TooFunny:
First two shots dropped two ducks at 40 yards or so.  The birds wouldn't cooperate after that but the gun shoots great and drops birds like a hammer.  It handles great.
Can't wait for good weather to pattern it now.  I have the Carlson's flush choke and two boxes of HW 7's now for when the weather gets right.  Gonna try to shoot the bead but will go with a red dot if that doesn't do well for me.

On a side note, while looking at the Winchester website last night, they don't list the Universal Hunter version anymore.  Wonder what's up with that?

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Deast1988 on December 29, 2014, 06:59:27 PM
Fast fire 2 on the last vent of the cantilever

Packs awesome just right.
By "last vent" do you mean the front slot or the back slot of the cantilever??

dejake

I hope the Affinity's up there; I just ordered one.  Plan on setting it up with a FFIII, Hevi13 choke, and HV 7s.