OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The MIGHTY 10 bellowed again!

Started by deadbuck, March 27, 2011, 06:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadbuck

This was almost like cheating. Got a 10 yard shot with the 10 gauge. Worked this bird from before daylight until 9:05 from the same setup in big open hardwoods. Stood up twice for 10 minutes each time in front of the huge white oak I was sitting by to restore feeling in my butt and legs

Hognutz

Congrats on the second bird. Funny to see that he still has a head. What load are you shooting, Deadbuck? Well done..Mike :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

deadbuck

I am shooting the old Remington Hevi Shot load with 1 7/8 oz of #6. It did not devastate his head like you would expect, I guess it was not a dead center hit since it was so close. I have shot some Nitro loads in this gun but they don't kill them any deader. I am anxious to try the new EM shells that are supposedly coming out this fall.

Hognutz

Cool beans, Deadbuck. Nice picture..Congrats, again.. Sure is fun, hey..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BigPeck215

nice bird, is that a jellyhead choke? what kind of patterns are you getting with the rem hevi shot?

deadbuck

Yes, it is a Jellyhead .695. I have not shot paper yet. Will do that in the next week or 2 and post on the board here what it gets.

BigPeck215

thanks i'm curious i just picked up a .690 jh and 4 boxes of those shells and your the first person i've came across who shoots that combo, mines outta a nef 10ga thou

S.C.C

Congrats!! Nice gobblers and shooting with your 10ga.!! :icon_thumright:
Here are some patterns of my 24" BPS and PG's .690 & .680 with those shells,shot a few years back..

They shoot and pattern better than the H13 10ga. 5's!!

deadbuck

Quote from: BigPeck215 on March 27, 2011, 08:28:04 PM
thanks i'm curious i just picked up a .690 jh and 4 boxes of those shells and your the first person i've came across who shoots that combo, mines outta a nef 10ga thou
Did you find a store that still has some on clearance? I paid $1 each when I bought them, and would buy more if they are still available at a bargain. I thought all the supply of them had dried up.

BigPeck215

i found 4 boxes of them buried under some rem hevi shot 3.5" duck loads at a nearby gun shop, that was the last four boxes they had,  they have been out of production for a few years, they gave them to me for 4 boxes for $75, i dont have the money to shoot nitros and i figured these would hold me over until EM comes to their senses and comes out with a new 10ga load, or federal lowers the prices on their hvywt 7's for the big 10

thanks for the pattern pics, with the shell only having around 380 or so pellets i was hoping to get patterns around the 150's in the 10" at 40 and your patterns give me hope

Basser69

BrowningGuy88

Congrats on the bird! Can't wait to get my 10. Nice pattern too.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

trkehunr93

trkycaller