turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shooting Low

Started by Red Huck, May 26, 2014, 10:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Huck

New Weatherby Sa-08 with new sumtoy choke shooting 6" low at 40 and 4" low at 25. Put the choke in a Mossberg 500 similar results. I'll post photo's when I figure out how to.

CrustyRusty

Are you using just a front bead if so you need to raise the comb.

Red Huck

Yes just using front bead.

BandedSpur

It is more the rule than the exception that with good chokes and tight patterns, you will need to use some form of adjustable sights. Just changing loads can and often does change the POI significantly.

CrustyRusty

If you stick with just a front bead then you need to raise the comb, but it's suggested you get a good adjustable sight for it instead.

Red Huck

Went to Cablea's today looking for an adjustable sights to fit this gun got the one that fit the smallest v-rib they had still to big. Its an 8mm but I don't think there's a production model that will fit. It's like a 9/32. I found lazer sights that cost less than this Truglo Magnum Gobble Dot Pro Series. Ideas!

Swampchickin234

What about just a red dot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrustyRusty

Williams firesights adjustable for several rib widths.  They are on sale at Natchess.

Red Huck

Quote from: CrustyRusty on May 28, 2014, 05:55:19 PM
Williams firesights adjustable for several rib widths.  They are on sale at Natchess.
Looked at a lot of sights on line before I went looking for one at Cablea's and Academy. Williams has one call the slugster  that would fit on the gun. But reading the reviews and looking at the product I believe the front post is too high for this gun. This would leave me with the same problem.

Red Huck

Got my money back at Cabela's for the sight that didn't fit. Called Carlson's they said knowing I had another brand of choke that 90% of the time its the gun not the choke. I ordered one from them.