Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

As the 2014 season moves on

Started by davisd9, May 20, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Let us remember it through pictures.  Throw up any pictures you want to share from the 2014 season.  Does not have to be you. Would especially love to see some kids.  Scenery is always great as well. Just a way to remember this season and look forward to 2015.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WV Ridge Reaper

Here are mine from opening day til yesterday.

WV Ridge Reaper

Rokhal07

turkeykiller22

I will say that this season was surely a blessed one for us in AL as well. Dad ended up killing 7 and missing 2 while I killed 10 and missed one. It was one to remember, hard hunting at first, but we hung in there and laid some on the ground. Im thankful for the memories made, and I am also glad that everyone on the team had a great year as well! Fellas, it has been a pleasure this spring and I hope everyone is back again next year! Pics to follow!!

Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

trkehunr93

As always it was a great spring gobbler season here in VA, but it is always bittersweet to see it come to an end.  I'll try to focus on fishing some this summer, shooting my bow as much as I can and learning how to use a duck call (gonna give waterfowl a try this fall/winter).  My main place to hunt was being logged the whole time I was hunting it and it is still going on so the landscape is changing drastically and with it memories of hunts gone by.  The gobbling was good at the beginning and tapered off as the weeks went by, some mornings towards the end it was as if they were nowhere to be found.  I had a lot of action the first two weeks and a lot of opportunities to hunt but my free time was limited the latter part of the season and I wasn't able to hunt some public land spots I had in mind.  I was blessed with two nice, mature gobblers and was able to fool with a few others.  Here are a couple of pics from some pre-season scouting, the second group is where the first bird was killed from. 

Daddy shot a "too-too!"

I was set up one morning on a ridgetop next to this guy.  I had been sitting there for about two hours when around 11:20AM I heard something moving around in the leaves at a blown down right next to me.  Me and snakes don't get along so I figured I would give him his space and slowly start to hunt my way back to my truck since it was getting close to noon.

SCGobbler

If you wanted pictures of kids, thats about all I got this year, but we had a good time anyway.  I got a new blind, my son got a new gun, got to teach the kids about Christ dying for our sins and the story of the dogwood tree.

The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

trkehunr93

Quote from: SCGobbler on May 28, 2014, 08:35:59 AM
If you wanted pictures of kids, thats about all I got this year, but we had a good time anyway.  I got a new blind, my son got a new gun, got to teach the kids about Christ dying for our sins and the story of the dogwood tree.

That last part is a greater accomplishment than anything any of us did this spring.  You should be proud of yourself.