turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any of you guys ??

Started by BowBendr, May 19, 2014, 09:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

Any of you guys ever do any hunting in Nebraska, Oklahoma or Kansas ??
I'm going out that way next year and i'll do public if I need to and have some good lines on that, but i'd really like to find a rancher or land owner that will let me pay a trespass fee to hunt...........
Shoot me a pm.

Fullfan

Sorry man nothing here. Have always wanted to hit Nebraska though
Don't gobble at me...

chcltlabz

Been to Oklahoma and hunted public land.  There are gobblers there, but to say they are spooky is an understatement.  On public land, if you pull the truck over to look at them through binos at 600 yards, they're gone.  Drive down the road a mile to private and you might hit one with your truck.  I talked to a rancher who sold access hunts for his property for like $600 for 3 days and if I remember right, you could stay at his ranch house.  I asked him if he'd cut us a deal if we stayed for 6 days, and he looked at me puzzled and said "I guess I could.  Nobody's ever needed more than 3 days to kill their limit"

I'll see if I still have his number, but this was like 8 years ago.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

BowBendr

^^ I'd appreciate that Brent...these people on this forum are tight lipped as all get out...'bout like you asking about that NY public land and ended up getting lectured about how to pull off the road properly...... :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:

chcltlabz

I checked and the number is no longer in service, sorry. 

Maybe check out craigslist, or even place an ad in the local craigslist out there.  Couldn't hurt to try.  Kind of like asking to be pointed in any direction on here.  Maybe you can get a public land etiquette lecture yourself!
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

BowBendr

Thanks for trying Brent. I had thought about CL or putting an ad in the farm bureau paper. It might work, we'll see.  :icon_thumright:

DMP

BowBendr

I know I can get a guided hunt for around 900-1000 (all inclusive...except guides tip) but it's the dang fuel that's gonna' get me at 3.59 a gallon now.........
I figured if I did my own food and camped at the truck, i'd have more money for gas and tags if I decided to hit 2 states in 1 trip......

Seems most people say the going rate for a straight trespass fee is around 600ish, I may be way off base though......

Wanted to try the private trespass thing as the word on the street is that the public land out there is getting hammered now by OOS folks like me.....

DMP

Don't count out flying.  You can fly into Denver and drive to hunt Nebraska, Kansas, Wyoming or Colorado.
Will save on a lot of travel time.  Plus with all the gas you will use you can just about pay for a plane ticket unless you plan to split the travel cost with someone else. 

I have a bunch of contact info that I collected last year when looking to go out west myself.  I will have to get it off of my work computer. 

BowBendr

I had thought of flying, although I must admit that I am absolutely terrified of planes....had a bad trip back from Mexico one time............

Thanks Derek, I appreciate it brother.  :icon_thumright: