turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

vinci optics

Started by the Ward, March 17, 2011, 11:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

hey every body! I have been checking out this sight for a couple of months now and finally got around to registering.seems like a lot of nice people on here that share the passion!question is anyone have optics{red dot or sights}on a benelli vinci?if so what are you using/pros +cons.?thanks for any info that you can pass along!p.s.the gun is drilled and tapped for weaver 93a     

Reloader

If it's drilled and tapped, a Burris FFII with the weaver/pic mount would go nicely.  Alot of us run them.

Pros: 

Light weight
great batt life
small size
waterproof
automatic brightness
no parallax
Put dot on his head and pull the trigger

Cons:

It is batt operated
Have to remove it to replace batt
PITA to zero, terrible adjustments. Once it's on and locked, you're good to go.
The dot is larger than the stated 4MOA
The dot is blurry on all of mine, but it does the job.

the Ward

thanks reloader,i was leaning in the ff2 direction.i thought if the 336 marlin mount works on a sbe2 it should work on the vinci as the reciever profile is similar.i was concerned with the heighth issue when mounting with a rail as this is also my waterfowl/all around gun.i thought i might leave it on and try it wingshooting or if i remove it the 336 base wouldnt obscure the front bead like the weaver rail does.well it doesnt actually obscure it but it does block some vision.hmmm,decisions decisions!              Ward

sugarray

Look at the Mueller Quick shot as well.  Yes, it does sit higher, but is a great sight.

Don't have to take sight off to change the battery
4 selectable reticles
Waterproof
Automatic brightness
Click scope like adjustment
Clear optics.

Only con I have found is the height

the Ward

typed out a reply to ya but dont know what i did it went bye bye. im not computer savvy in the least.i  made a joke about my wife letting me get a3.5 vinci and clicked on the the horse beating icon and my reply disapeared!oh well ill figure this stuff out eventually!looking foward to see how the muiller works out for you this season.looks good and the different reticals are nice!        ward

sugarray

I am excited to get a full season of use out of it.  There are enough members that are using it that we should get some good, reliable information on the durability and battery life.

the Ward

cool deal sugarray,look forward to hearing about it!i've got a serious case of turkeyitis.ishould check my insurance to see if they cover it.lol!good luck! ward