News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whats up!

Started by dirt road ninja, May 09, 2014, 11:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Howdy,

Been awhile since I've posted anything on the World Wide Web, when I switched jobs I wasn't at a computer all day long, but now I'm back to my old facility and all is normal. Donald and I keep in touch and told me someone had inquired about me. First off, I like to apologize for my lack of participation in last season's contest. I had a rough one and missed more birds than I care to talk about.  I really regret not doing a better job keeping up with all of ya'll, even though I do pop in from time to and check the score out and read up on the Spur Collectors posts.
On to last deer season---As most of ya'll know I hunt with my young son(10) for deer and I let him do all of the shooting. My interest lies in watching him learn and busting deer. This season wasn't bad or great; he killed a total of 3 deer (2 does, 1 buck) plus a hog or two. We had the opportunity to take more, but we had filled up the freezer and never did see a buck better than the one he took early in the season. The boar hog he killed made him happier than any of the deer and I probably should have had it mounted for him, but didn't want an ugly pig in my house. He also started using my .300WM and put some impressive shots on all the animals taken.

On to this Spring--- In a word GREAT! I started out on my MS ground opening weekend and I struck out in bad weather. Then I was on my Alabama ground at the same time Donald was down. We were about 80 miles apart and never did get to hunt together. I did hammer 2 long beards that weekend in Bama. Next two weekends found me back in MS with a good bird hitting the ground each weekend. Then back to Bama, struck out after spooking one at 45 yards. The following weekend I tagged out in MS on the best hunt of the year. Worked the bird for 2 minutes short of 3 hours and had gobblers all over me. After that I killed one more in Bama and struck out the last weekend of the season.  Then off to Kansas, which was beyond great. My buddy and I killed 4 birds in two days. Both my KS were stud long beards and it was a great way to close out a remarkable season.

Donald and I are already planning the 2015 season. I plan on heading to SC in 15 to chase some of his tight lipped turkeys. Good luck to ya'll.

trkehunr93

Sounds like a great season for both you and your son!  Glad to hear from you, don't be a stranger. Nice looking hog too!

davisd9

8 birds from three states is a little better than great.  Congratulations again on a great season brother!  You know I am there for support so you can make it to next season without going crazy, and I know you are there for me too.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer