turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FED. HW 7's & SSX....

Started by S.C.C, March 17, 2011, 10:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.C.C

Well here is what this combo does in my 21" bbl. at 40...15" pattern is all it will shoot with the SSX
not even enough flyer's outside 15" to count as part of a pattern..I would not recommend this combo to anyone that plans to use it on anything other than paper!!

shootumindaface

With 314 square inches in a 20 inch circle and the load containing roughly 326 pellets no pattern will provide adequate center density to provide a buffer past 40 and put a pellet in all 314 square inches in a 20 inch circle..

S.C.C

shootumindaface....refer yourself to my other post of the PG's and Fed. HW 7's..... :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

Your 570 pattern looks nice and even and a quick count reveals around 110 pellets in a ten inch circle.... The 20 looks good and even.. But it would not satisfy my buffer zone..

Going to the twenty we all make sacrifices some choose to sacrifice margin for error and others will choose to sacrifice range.. I did not switch to a 20 to sacrifice range, I am not a long range bomber, but I want to be able to shoot a bird at 40 and have some buffer beyond.. Thus I have chose to ignore the 20 inch circle and look at a 10 inch and the 4-5 inches outlying that circle, due to the above posted math.. If I cannot kill a gobbler with a 15 inch halo, I do not deserve that turkey.. To satisfy this and my buffer zone I wanted pellet counts in the 140 to 150 range not the 180-200 range that many seek..

Both Tempest sucked in all three guns I shot at satisfying said requirement.s

S.C.C

Handload TSS 9's shootum,they will give what you want and then some :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

Quote from: S.C.C on March 17, 2011, 01:07:50 PM
Handload TSS 9's shootum,they will give what you want and then some :icon_thumright:
I am happy with what I got, sounds like you need them to fill that 20 inch up.. Heck you might be able to fill up the thirty too..

S.C.C

I have them.....20lb's 7.5's and 9's!!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: