Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

WV bird down.

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, May 07, 2014, 12:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Hunting with my long time buddy from school...Got out this morning with a little bit of wind.Done a hoot right at day break and had multiple birds answer.

Got set up once under the roost and of course the hens came in and took away that from us..So it started hammering the rain down we got into a blind for about 5 mins as the rain passed.

Got out and was beatin the brush when it started thundering really good,2 birds was gobbling to every noise possible.

So we take off,after climbing up and down two hollars this bird gobbles and is coming around the point.

We sat down and not even 3 mins a bird tops the hill,in strut..He started to walk down a old logging road and seen something he didn't care for.I clucked and got him stopped and the bird went down.We ran up got the bird and took some pics.

So while we was taking pics,another bird gobbles in the distance..Our faces lit up!!So we take off after the other bird.

The whole time we are walking to this bird my buddy kept saying I know exactly where this bird is.It starts pouring the rain down and thundering again.

We get close to this bird,we are on the side of a hill and the bird is in the field just over the top.So I stay put as my buddy creeps to the top and peeks over,Ka boom...I knew the min I heard the gun a bird was just put to rest.

Here he comes down off the hill holding a bird by the neck...Heck of a day in WV this morning.The rain made for some crap birds to take pics with but we can't complain.

I never in a million years thought this would ever happen...Drew's Trinity was used on my bird,best call ever

longbeard11

Yeah boy!!!! Way to get it done!!! Like I said, the best is ahead of us!! 

Congrats brother

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks Zach!!! Can't wait to see what the rest of this week brings.Suppose to be going to Nicolas county tonight to hunt down there.Plans are changing every min tho.

longbeard11

I hear that! Birds have been hammering here the last 2 days! Cant wait to get back out tomorrow and hopefully connect on one.  Sure gonna try. 

Things are heating up, should be really good all the way up into the last week

WV TURKEY THUG

davisd9

Congratulations!  Sounds like a very exciting hunt and I am green with envy.  Keep on them!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Nothin' better than a wet turkey!  Love it.  Way to stay after'em in the conditions you had. 

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks guys..I promise I'll get better at scoring!! Haha

boomer

Congrats!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk