OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PATTERN MASTER 10 GA chokes?

Started by NC_10, March 07, 2014, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC_10

Jus curious if anyone shoots a pattern master in there BPS?

10gaugemag

I have shot a few lead loads through my Pattern Master and it gives nice even regular full choke patterns to 40 yards. All loads were 2 1/4 oz.

Old Gobbler

I'd like to try one -- and see if the work with the federal 7hw
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

10gaugemag

Not sure how it would do since it has posts to strip the wad from the shot and if those HW have a Flightcontrol wad it may jack with the patterns.

Punisher

If I remember reading correctly, Patternmaster states that the ports are designed so as not to interfere with the Flight Control wad.

10gaugemag

Just jumped over to the Patternaster website and it says not for use with FC wad. I guess the stud ring that is designed to grab the wad goes against what the FC wad is designed to do.

shotgun_oly

Quote from: 10gaugemag on April 29, 2014, 09:29:41 PM
Just jumped over to the Patternaster website and it says not for use with FC wad. I guess the stud ring that is designed to grab the wad goes against what the FC wad is designed to do.

I could be wrong but I believe the others are talking about the code black turkey .720 model that is actually approved for all wad types & looks like this

10gaugemag

Now that actually interests me. I really like the idea of a .720-.725 choke for hunting the timber. May have to take a peek.

Old Gobbler

720 isn't much constriction , the only open choke like that that is any good is the rhino 720 that is specifically designed to shoot the 2.5 h210 nitro hevi ( triplex) load to much success 340-370

Other than that I couldn't get the rhino 729 to shoot any other loads with any degree of notable performance
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon