OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke/Load Suggestions

Started by bullhead, April 26, 2014, 11:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullhead

I will be buying a browning 10 gauge gold light with the 24" barrel. I was wondering what a good point to start at for chokes and ammunition. Thanks!

deadbuck

I know a guy with that same setup and he uses a rhino choke with the nitro 4x5x7 and he says it gets so many hits he wont even count them. Over 300 easy.

learn2hide

Get hold of SumToy, Rob Roberts Gunworks, Indian Creek etc they will give you a starting point and work with you till you're happy with what you've got.  Now is a great time to buy chokes online as it's nearing the end of turkey season but IMO better to start with knowledgeable folks and help dial things in.

:welcomeOG: and  :anim_25:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Rockhound

10gaugemag

I use either a Comp n Choke XX Full in my BPS or an older Hastings .695. Both of these are deadly with any #4 I have shot through them whether it be a 2oz. or 2 1/4 oz. load. #5 pattern very well also. I have seen about 5 or 6 Brownings patterned and for the most part the Remington Premier #4 loads patterned best out of all of these guns no matter whether the regular full or a turkey choke was used.