North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I Think I'm Done

Started by SCGobbler, April 29, 2014, 10:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCGobbler

Gentlemen,

A good time was had by all.  I don't think I am going to make it back out this year so I apologize for not killing one.  It wasn't for a lack of trying.

Messed up twice, shut out by the weather and flu a time or two, then today shut out by overcast conditions from the storms that are working their way up from Alabama and Mississippi.  Didn't hear a peep which has been pretty lively all year.  Those turkeys know what's coming!

I pray that all of those in the deep south are well.  I tried getting in touch with turkeykiller22 earlier today to check on him and haven't gotten a response yet.

With the weather and all I doubt I will get back out before the end of our season (May 1.)  We will have to play it by ear.

Good Luck to those that are still hunting and God bless to those that are picking up the pieces from the past two days storms.
:jesus-cross: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

davisd9

Sorry your season did not go a little better, but at least you were in birds and had some action.  We have had a tough year with all the cold fronts and rain.  Hopefully next year will be a little more normal.  I hope to get out tomorrow to see the sunset of the last day.  Keep in touch!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WV Ridge Reaper