OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm looking for the BEST taxidermist in the NY state.

Started by Charley B, April 09, 2014, 03:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley B

Hi everyone!  I want to have my Osceola mounted.  The bird is in perfect condition and it's a old tom.  I heard that there is some awsome taxidermist specialized in turkey mount in the NY state.
Anybody have suggestions please?

beagler

Never Misses

alloutdoors

I'm interested to see who people suggest. I've found a few NY taxidermists that I would call above average when it comes to turkeys and birds in general, but I have yet to see one I would consider exceptional. I'd love to find someone within driving distance of home though.

cmerun

Mario Curra - Wildlife Artistry Taxidermy....he is in NJ....the guy has 40yrs in the business and is the best i have seen.  Tell him crazywhitetail sent you and he will take care of you
Elite E35 - Solid broadheads - Ghostmaker Calls - DSD Decoys

HillCritter

Matt Pigliavento at Lasting Memories Taxidermy in Schenectady. His turkeys are top notch. I was down at Bob Vitros a few weeks back and his turkeys weren't very impressive. At least the ones I saw in his showroom. First time poster so take my opinion for what you will.
And my idea of heaven is chasing white tailed bucks.

Charley B

Thank's everyone, I finally choosed Gregg Ielfield from Tri ponds Taxidermy,
http://www.tri-ponds.com/

The impressive amount of birds taxidermy awards he won, plus the great communication between us convinced me.  I brought him the bird today. 

Thank you again!

Charley

KYHeadhunter02

I know you said new york, but shawn whitehead in KY has won numerous awards. If im not mistaken has won several nwtf competitions in the professional division.

Timberland Taxidermy

Quote from: Charley B on April 16, 2014, 07:04:39 PM
Thank's everyone, I finally choosed Gregg Ielfield from Tri ponds Taxidermy,
http://www.tri-ponds.com/

The impressive amount of birds taxidermy awards he won, plus the great communication between us convinced me.  I brought him the bird today. 

Thank you again!

Charley

I just saw this thread today and clicked so I could suggest you take it to Gregg. Looks like you already have...good choice!

Charley B

Tanks for your input timberland taxidermy. He skinned the bird after it thawed. He told me it was in a super shape and its going to be a great mount. Cant wait to bring it back home.