Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

upgrade.

Started by derek, April 27, 2014, 11:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

Haven't been having much gobbling here the last few days.. a little from the trees but then its quiet time despite some awesome weather days.  After that I've struggled to get anything going.  Well yesterday at about 11 o clock I found a longbeard strutting.  Made a big loop to get on the public woods side of him worked down towards him and could not get him to reply.  I held up about 80 yards inside the woods from where I saw him and told myself I needed to sit in that spot until quitting time at 12.  By 1130 my patience was wearing thin and I was getting anxious to move up on him when I heard him spit a couple times.  Then finally I see a bird moving towards me through the woods.  He took his time and got behind these two large trees for what seemed like forever but when he stepped out the other side he was only 31 yards.. sealed the deal on a nice Double beard with 16 minutes to spare.  Broken spur on one side unfortunately, but a good bird that'll make for a good upgrade. 

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

MDbowman

DMP

Great work Derek.  Your the multi beard guru.

BowBendr

You do kill more multi-bearded birds than anyone i've ever met. Way to hang in there with a good upgrade !

whitelightning

They must be attracted by gravitational pull from your beard lol

MDbowman

Quote from: whitelightning on April 27, 2014, 07:27:10 PM
They must be attracted by gravitational pull from your beard lol

I heard a rumor that you have killed more double beards than Derek this year???

whitelightning

Quote from: MDbowman on April 27, 2014, 09:39:58 PM

I heard a rumor that you have killed more double beards than Derek this year???

You are correct sir I have. But they are my first and second double beards ever.