Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

It's about to get real

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, April 26, 2014, 11:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

So season officially/finally starts Monday here in West by God Virginia...Got a lot of great calls riding in the vest Thanks to Drew.

Worst part is we are supposed to get rain the first 3 days especially the second day...I got on to some new land to hunt,got to ride over to the guys house tomorrow..First time I'll be leaving the back door turf on opening day but he promises Longbeard heaven.

Got my barrle all polished up and from the looks of it I will be running the Fed HW7s..My Winchester Double Xs 5s dropped a lot in pellet count.Not sure why and would love to here opinions on why that did happen.

I can't forget what else I added to the bossy mossy ATI 6 position stock...Wasn't to cheap but I really feel a lot more comfortable with the pistol grip.

Kinda hope this week flys by,as next week I'll be heading to Morgantown for 3 days to hunt with my buddy and from there we will be going to Nicolas Co WV to hunt for 3 days as well as slay the trout on the Elk River....Sorry for the long post but I'm so excited!!!!! Dead birds to come

davisd9

Good luck and hunt safe! I put a pistol grip on my 835 before the season and was not sure about it, but after hunting with it I am very happy with it.  Cannot wait to see the pictures and if I can be any help with pictures or scoring then just let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks buddy..PM me your cell number in case I do need to get a hold of ya.

boomer

trkehunr93

WV Ridge Reaper

Welp all the luck didn't seal the deal..Should of had one,let's just say I got a little to close to quick.

Ugh rain rain rain...Stay home or go sit in a deer blind tomorrow.

WV Ridge Reaper

Welp all the luck didn't seal the deal..Should of had one,let's just say I got a little to close to quick.

Ugh rain rain rain...Stay home or go sit in a deer blind tomorrow.

trkehunr93

Sit in that deer blind!  Rain doesn't keep turkeys from being turkeys.  If anything you'll get in a nice, dry nap out of the elements.

WV Ridge Reaper

Nothing yet,got out yesterday and today.Heard one bird yesterday,after I begin the long walk he got quite..Found some in a field so I tried jumping in front of them so when they came into the woods I would have em in my lap.

That never worked,I got in front of em but not sure where they went.

Today I got my walking in,finally heard a bird at 9:35 and he was in no hunting ground..But by god was he hot.

Back at it tomorrow,rain is finally out of here now maybe things will pick up.

Good news is my buddy got is 700 more acres to hunt next week.

trkehunr93

You'll connect!  We have faith in ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

Heard a ton of birds today...had one 60-70 yards wouldn't break over the logging road...watched him for a good ten mins strut and gobble.