OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Supreme turkey calls

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 26, 2014, 09:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 29, 2014, 04:03:29 PM
well it seems like a waste for him to be a paid sponsor on this site now..
x2. What a horrible way to treat your customers.
Way to many great call makers out there to tolerate this.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

| Justin |

This is a depressing thread to read through.  As a newer call maker myself, I did want to chime in on the "collecting money before making your call" topic discussed here a few times...

This is generally how I conduct business when making calls for others as well, so feedback is definitely welcomed.  For me, this is more of a hobby than anything... I make the calls here at my home.  In my eyes, asking the customer to prepay for the call makes sense, because once I start building a call I cannot reclaim the time or the materials used to make the call.  Obviously I could always sell an unclaimed call to another customer, but I like allowing the customer the opportunity to personalize their calls a bit in the wood, soundboard and surface selection process.

dirtnap

Quote from: | Justin | on June 02, 2014, 06:17:38 PM
This is a depressing thread to read through.  As a newer call maker myself, I did want to chime in on the "collecting money before making your call" topic discussed here a few times...

This is generally how I conduct business when making calls for others as well, so feedback is definitely welcomed.  For me, this is more of a hobby than anything... I make the calls here at my home.  In my eyes, asking the customer to prepay for the call makes sense, because once I start building a call I cannot reclaim the time or the materials used to make the call.  Obviously I could always sell an unclaimed call to another customer, but I like allowing the customer the opportunity to personalize their calls a bit in the wood, soundboard and surface selection process.

I don't have a problem with giving the money up front at all.  I have a problem with being told you will have the calls by March 15 and when June rolls around, you still don't have the calls.  Keep in mind the calls were ordered in June of 2013.

| Justin |

Quote from: dirtnap on June 05, 2014, 03:52:06 PM
I don't have a problem with giving the money up front at all.  I have a problem with being told you will have the calls by March 15 and when June rolls around, you still don't have the calls.  Keep in mind the calls were ordered in June of 2013.

Yeah, definitely not ok... I completely agree.  Being that they're a paid advertiser on this site, I would have liked to see them respond to this thread, or have the moderators weigh in as well.

Honestly, if it were me and I was unable to get in touch with them, I would call my bank and request a charge back at this point.

FL-Boss

Nothing wrong with paying up front as the call maker has expenses.  Nothing wrong with waiting 20 years to get your call.... as long as the call maker told you this in advance.  Personally I wouldn't wait longer than a month... there is nothing "so special" about any call to wait longer than that..

I just received 2 custom pot calls ... personal engraved with special artwork and all...  from different makers. They took 2 and 3 weeks... and that was during turkey season I ordered.

Old Gobbler

Steve ( supreme ) calls are about one of the best sounding calls out there -- I have one and will relate that it is quite unique in design and sound compared to the majority of pot calls , it's not everyone's cup o' tea - but in the right hands they are undoubtedly effective ...and many people who own one , keep coming back to buy more 

I'm not the public relations firm hired to communicate with the general public , but I will relay that Steve is a extremely busy individual , he does not at any time make any commitment that there is a short waiting period to get one of his calls - if you pay him you will get a call , but you will not get it in a week or instantly , he is not amazon.com

Of you want a call your just going to have to wait till he gets to you , if you don't want to wait email, call or whatever and he refunds your deposit - I've never not once hear of Steve shafting anyone on a call , he is highly reputable .....but busy
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

dirtnap

Just got the calls today.  I will see how good they are in March.

sleepyturkey

Well dirtnap is the sound worth the wait? Dont keep us suspense lol

Idratherb

:popcorn: