turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Supreme turkey calls

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 26, 2014, 09:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wibirdhunter

You have to pay up front for the calls to get on his list?

WyoHunter

Quote from: Tomsoph on April 29, 2014, 06:38:13 AM
Certainly doesn't sound like someone I'd want to do business with.....
Me neither!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

gaswamp

Quote from: wibirdhunter on April 29, 2014, 05:36:56 PM
You have to pay up front for the calls to get on his list?

my question too

ky turkey hunter

Yes you have to pay then wait for a call that your told 2 to 3 month for as of now I have been waiting 11 month and not seen the calls I have paid for   this is why I no longer order calls from maker's I don't know

goblr77

Quote from: dirtnap on April 28, 2014, 10:19:29 PM
Quote from: FL-Boss on April 28, 2014, 12:17:10 PM
here's a question.. did the guy tell you it would take close to year to get your calls?

He also clarified the matter and told me that, "I would get them when I get them."

That would have done it for me. People like that shouldn't be in business.

wibirdhunter

Sending money before the call was ready to ship would be enough for me.

Tomsoph

I don't think he really cares guys. I emailed Mr. Reeves with my concerns regarding the unorthodox practice of having to pay for a call at the time of order as well as there being some current negative feedback regarding his turnaround time/customer service. I suggested to Mr. Reeves that this would be the reason I personally wouldn't be ordering a call. I had spoken with Mr. Reeves on the phone prior to my knowledge of the aformentioned issues and wanted on his list. I felt as a consumer it was only fair to explain my reasoning and fully expected a response indicative of a business owner concerned about customer service/positive business practices. My only returned response from Mr. Reeves was "Good luck this season". Does that suggest the kind of response indicative of giving a sh#^*t? You decide...
And I do realize this probably isn't his full time job but when you take money up front you are automatically obligated to delivering product in a reasonable time as well as employing quality customer service. If that can't be provided, you probably shouldn't be in business...

Spitten and drummen

well I really want a strut buster so I broke down and ordered one today. I hope I get it before next turkey season but im not holding my breath lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

FL-Boss

I'm not waiting a year for anything. And based on the comments above ...don't know why anyone would want to do business with him anyway.  Especially when there are a hundred other call makers that will custom make you a seriously nice call for $50..... and send it to you in a few weeks.

james stern

I ordered a wood duck call that took 2 and a half years to come. I contacted him many times and he said he shipped. it I wrote it off as a loss and it finally showed up. I also half a strut buster and a pure death that took over  a year to show up  really nice calls but not worth the wait in my opinion plenty of awesome callmakers here that will get you a great call real quick

dirtnap

Quote from: james stern on May 08, 2014, 09:04:11 PM
I ordered a wood duck call that took 2 and a half years to come. I contacted him many times and he said he shipped. it I wrote it off as a loss and it finally showed up. I also half a strut buster and a pure death that took over  a year to show up  really nice calls but not worth the wait in my opinion plenty of awesome callmakers here that will get you a great call real quick

I ordered a couple in June 2013.  They haven't arrived yet.  I texted him last week and he replied that they were going to be shipped out on Monday(tomorrow).  The calls will come in real handy in June and July! O0

drenalinld

I am going to sell a few if any of you guys are interested.

hunter22

Which ones you selling David? As hard as those are to get you should have a bunch of interested folks.

Matt k

Quote from: drenalinld on June 01, 2014, 07:37:54 PM
I am going to sell a few if any of you guys are interested.

I would be interested, send me a pm with info if you want to sell.

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-