OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Supreme turkey calls

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 26, 2014, 09:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I have a pure death call from steve reeves of supreme calls. Was wondering if anyone on here has or has used one of his strut buster pot calls and how you like it. Thanks
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

dirtnap

No.  I don't have one.  I ordered and paid for one in June 2013 and still haven't got it.  I will let you know when I get it.

FL-Boss

houagie

ive got one and i love it....real easy to play and it sounds great!....im happy with mine

ky turkey hunter

I ordered 2 call in June1 I have not received them

FL-Boss

here's a question.. did the guy tell you it would take close to year to get your calls?

ky turkey hunter

Nope 2 to 3 month is what I was told and that's what he's got on his website

Spitten and drummen

I had ordered a pure death and a strut buster 2 years ago. after 11 months I called and got a refund. I made a deal with someone on the pure death I have now. was thinking about re ordering the strut buster but it still seems that it takes a reeeeeal long time to get so I don't know if im gonna pull the trigger.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

FL-Boss

Even if he is the Picasso of turkey call makers.. that is way too long to wait in my opinion. There are countless custom call makers out there that build awesome stuff ....and will have sent to you in a few weeks at the latest.

callmakerman

Some can get calls built in short order and some (myself ) have full time jobs and never seem to have enough time to build calls with everything else in life that comes along. Bottom line is I never take any money for a call until it's built and believe a call maker should not ask you to pay before the build. Doing so and falling behind on orders just pisses people off.

dreis3

Quote from: callmakerman on April 28, 2014, 05:52:08 PM
Some can get calls built in short order and some (myself ) have full time jobs and never seem to have enough time to build calls with everything else in life that comes along. Bottom line is I never take any money for a call until it's built and believe a call maker should not ask you to pay before the build. Doing so and falling behind on orders just pisses people off.

Well said Bill; couldn't agree more.   Have a good time with Ed next week   :z-guntootsmiley:
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

dirtnap

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 28, 2014, 12:17:10 PM
here's a question.. did the guy tell you it would take close to year to get your calls?

No.  He said he was a couple months behind.  I said no big deal(keep in mind, this is in June) as long as I get them by the first of March I don't care.  He indicated that wouldn't be a problem. 

I honestly don't have a problem waiting on the call, IF he had said up front it's gonna take 2 years to make them.  Instead, I look on the porch everyday when I get home like a nerd.

I spoke with him at the end of February and he said I would have them by March 15th.  I then spoke with him again about the first week of April and he said I would get them real soon.  He also clarified the matter and told me that, "I would get them when I get them."

Tomsoph

Certainly doesn't sound like someone I'd want to do business with.....

captin_hook

Quote from: Tomsoph on April 29, 2014, 06:38:13 AM
Certainly doesn't sound like someone I'd want to do business with.....
X2

FL-Boss

well it seems like a waste for him to be a paid sponsor on this site now..