turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ceramic pot

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 24, 2014, 03:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Have a houndstooth ceramic i really like. I tried several strikers but it is a clean sounding call. It sounds good but want to know if there is a striker that can be used to get that nasally finishing rasp that im lacking. Or is ceramic just gonna overall be a clear sounding call?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

rdmar

Blood wood or diamond wood

VAarrowslinger

Try a diamond wood striker. Lots of folks use. Yellow heart but a hard diamond wood like lights out, halloran or the one that lonzo makes for his glass call

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TauntoHawk

I have the same call, it brought 5 birds to their death last year with a yellowheart for me. The call stays pretty clean and clear with all strikers but mascar ebony is another really good one on it that finishes with a bit of rasp.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Footballer

Halloran's Ipe striker is deadly on ceramic. Great rasp on the end.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Wich striker did I send ya a diamond wood striker? All my ceramics have a pile of rasp if I sent ya a Purple Heart it will be a clearer call. If you PM me your address I will send ya a diamondwood striker to use on it.. Lyle

rdmar

That's great customer service you can't beat that. I have the same call and it is full of rasp I love it