Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Tax day......

Started by Scottyb, April 17, 2014, 09:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottyb

Well, Tax day was a good day for me. After some frustration with a couple of border birds, and the weather looking like crap, four days to hunt, the odds were against me.

Planned on the blind/decoy/field/chinese water torture set up due to the impending rain.... Set up nice and early and almost went crazy before gobble time. decided to get out of the blind and walk down a road and listen, and return if nothing gobbled. After waiting til about 620 and not hearing anything(not even rain drops) I moved back to the blind. I did some loud excited yelping, hoping maybe one would hear me... As I sat there, slowly growing more and more impatient, I decided that at 720 I was done and was going to go find a damn turkey. I get out, fold up the blind and put it in the bag. I was standing there tying the bag when I hear a gobble... I get my vest, headnet and gloves on, move about 15 yards toward the gobble and called.... he hammered back A LOT CLOSER.... I sat down, called again and he double gobbled. I waited a few minutes and did some soft yelps and he hit me back hard and even closer... I hear him drum, and see him in full strut about 60 yards, he moved quickly toward the "hen" and stopped. he stood there, looking and took a step to his right ... bad move MR turkey......

2 year old bird 20 pounds, 9 inch beard, 3/4 inch spurs....

The only problem here is I forgot to take a picture with the bird on the scale.   The guy at the check station did it so fast and the lady was nagging me about what zone I was in thy he had the bird down before and I flippin forgot..... So I am posting to share with the team.... Sorry !!!
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

MDbowman

Nice work Scott. If you have the other pics you can post them in the kill section and get a default weight. Then upgrade when you get your next one.

Congrats again.

learn2hide

if I didn't know better I'd say this guy is a genius of a turkey hunter  :TooFunny:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

derek

Nice bird Scott.. Now don't forget your scale pic tomorrow!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

canadatom

Fullfan

Congrats on a fine bird...
Don't gobble at me...

MDbowman

Real nice upgrade there Scott! Nice start.

BowBendr

That is one beautiful bird. Congrats.  :icon_thumright:

Duke0002

Now that's a dandy!  Congrats!