OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Hot Hen Victim

Started by hunter22, April 21, 2014, 07:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I killed this one today in Arkansas using a Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen slate being run by a West Augusta Dogwood striker and an all-cedar Scott Basehore scratch box. The Hot Hen has accounted for a bunch of dead gobblers.

He had three beards--- 10 1/2 inch, 7 1/2 inch, and 3 1/2 inch.

Spurs were 1 1/8 and 1 1/4 inches

He weighed 23 pounds.

M,Yingling

That's a good bird Rickey ,,,,Congrats
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

West Augusta

Congrats on a great trophy Rickey.  I'm sure glad that you didn't start notching that striker.  Wouldn't be much left by now.  :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

gwa

Congrats Rickey! Nice bird for the team!!! Hehehe

Denny

REBELYELL

Congrats on a very fine bird Rickey. Are the birds gobbling good in AR? Been tough sledding around here this year. Heard more this past weekend than I did all season.

boatpaddle

Congrats, Rickey

Thats a very nice gobbler..... :you_rock:

Continued success.......B/P
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

USMC0331

hunter22

Jody,

I heard one bird gobble in three days of hunting and killed him. I heard 8 different birds gobbling three weeks ago in the same area I killed the bird. I am hunting a different area tomorrow and hopefully will hear some to get after. Hard to hunt birds that are not gobbling. 

silverspur

Yes Sir that is a great gobbler and congrats to you Rickey!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

ky turkey hunter

scoot12

awesome gob Rickey,  congrats.  Scoot

longbeard11

They eat that Hot Hen up!! I absolutely love mine!!

jordanz7935

Congrats man that is a beautiful stud of a bird!! Gotta love the hot hen! Hopefully I can call 1 in for my kid brother this weekend with my hot hen or my new hen box.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.