turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 ga 870 compact turkey thug #5's

Started by Bowhnt, April 14, 2014, 08:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowhnt

Picked up a pink 870 compact this week for my fiancĂ©. She had been wanting a pink gun for a while and couldn't pass up the deal. Gonna wrap it in some camo for turkey season.   Ran some #5 turkey thugs through it today with a jelly head choke.   Ended up with 114 in a ten inch circle at thirty yards. 

WV Ridge Reaper

That's pretty good overall pattern.Lot better then what I got that's for sure!?

Crappiepro

Thats a good pattern, and its great you got her to go with ya this season.
What kinda brown stock/forearm is that, who makes it?
My buddy shoots the thugs #5 with a Primos tight-wad and it seems the remy 20ga's like the thug's!

Bowhnt

Quote from: Crappiepro on April 14, 2014, 08:35:54 PM
My buddy shoots the thugs #5 with a Primos tight-wad and it seems the remy 20ga's like the thug's!

The stock set is made by magpul.  Wanted to try something different this year so I built that as a project.  870 with fde magpul stock and cheek riser.  Had it drilled and tapped and put an eotech 512 on it.  Sumtoy .660 choke shooting hevi shot 3" #6.  Shooting around 140-150 now, still looking for the right combo.

mikejd

Looks good. And pretty cool that your fiance is going hunting with you but that pink stock is going to cost you some birds.
you better get her a roll of friction tape to go with it.

CrustyRusty

Does the magpul  add a bunch of weight to the gun. And change balance.  It's a nice looking setup btw.

Quote from: Bowhnt on April 15, 2014, 06:52:46 AM

The stock set is made by magpul.  Wanted to try something different this year so I built that as a project.  870 with fde magpul stock and cheek riser.  Had it drilled and tapped and put an eotech 512 on it.  Sumtoy .660 choke shooting hevi shot 3" #6.  Shooting around 140-150 now, still looking for the right combo.

Bowhnt

Quote from: mikejd on April 15, 2014, 07:18:51 AM
Looks good. And pretty cool that your fiance is going hunting with you but that pink stock is going to cost you some birds.
you better get her a roll of friction tape to go with it.

It already had been camoed up. 

Bowhnt

Quote from: CrustyRusty on April 15, 2014, 09:04:39 AM
Does the magpul  add a bunch of weight to the gun. And change balance.  It's a nice looking setup btw.

Quote from: Bowhnt on April 15, 2014, 06:52:46 AM

Not that I notice.  It comes with multiple shims so I can change the length of pull that's the main reason I got it.  Let's me make it a little more compact. 

CrustyRusty

Nice, I'm gonna have to check that out.