turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2014 contest rules

Started by B-Rad1, February 17, 2014, 08:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Rad1

Any body know if the 2014 rules are set in stone or are they still pending.

JW

They are posted - yes set in stone.

Now I have been part of this contest for 5 years and you do need to follow those rules.
Pictures must be taken honestly or your entry may get disqualified. I hate to see that happen to anyone and if you need help - drop me a note. I will even open up my e-mail too.

Link to the rules
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,29235.0.html

Link to the OG scoring calculator
http://oldgobbler.com/checkstation.htm

Read the rules carefully and then re-read. I can help but I have been on a team where a bird was disqualified and hate to see that happen to anypne.

If you can not post pictures or have trouble I will help.

hey that is why we are a "Team" we help each other.

Dave..JW

JW

What I do.

I always carry a camera in my truck if not 2
I will make up 8.5 by 11 paper sheets with the following already printed on it and a Sharpie marking pen.
And I got a NWTF scale.
Along with a Seamstress tape measure and a good mechanical tape measure - these I keep in one truck door.

Then it is easy to take the required pictures and fill in my data sheet which contain the following.

Team Name (TBD) Hunter JW
Date of Kill:
Time of Kill:
Wt  __ Lb  __oz
Left Spur ( in inches)
Right Spur ( in inches)
Beard Length (# beards)(in inches)

Once I have filled in my data, I take a picture of this data sheet with my bird. My Camera also has a Date Stamp which adds further validity.
I did pick up a NWTF scale that measures lbs and ouces. As I said it is always in my truck.

Along with a seamstress tape measure - makes it far easier to measure spurs as you can bend it along the spur curvature far better and/or I do use a rule that will show up well in a photo.

I keep a blank data sheet for each contest I am in as I do several - all are for fun. But rules are rules and the last thing I want to do is cost my team for some dang technicality.

And that is just me.

Frank G

Good info Dave,
I printed one off the NWTF but seemed a bit weak for image quality. So I'm making up one in heavy bold print and will send to all members. Once we finalize a name it will be on the header in living color.  :icon_thumright:

Frank G  In Tennessee

Drthorn

B-Rad1

Thanks for clearing things up Dave. I was looking at the rules the other day and they were talking about possible not including a few scorable caricteristic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk