turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sight for Winchester 1200?

Started by buck_hunter21, March 15, 2011, 08:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buck_hunter21

I am used to only dealing with Remingtons but I am in the process of getting my wife's gun set up. The gun we are trying to set up is a Winchester 1200. Does any one have any advice on what sight I should consider using for this type of gun? I plan on going and picking one up this weekend so I can start patterning it.
Spill Blood

Odessa

You don't mention if you want iron sights, a red dot, or a scope so here is one way to do it.  I bought a set of the Williams Fire Sights for my M1300 - $40.00 for the set.  They are a little hard to mount due to the very small screws and nuts - but the mount is very solid on the rib once mounted.  I also bought a Pure Gold .670 for turkey hunting.  The sight was easy to zero in once mounted - glad I had the windage adjustment, as I needed it.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

buck_hunter21

Quote from: Odessa on March 15, 2011, 08:49:47 PM
You don't mention if you want iron sights, a red dot, or a scope so here is one way to do it.  

I am open to all options. Just wondering what people has found to be the best option.
Spill Blood