Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Killed number 3 last week!

Started by turkeykiller22, April 07, 2014, 10:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Its been hard to get in the woods lately, school has been super busy trying to graduate so time in the woods has been limited.

I got in the woods with a buddy last week and we found two long beards in a food plot shortly after we had gotten there around 2. I called them in to 25 yards in the woods, and we never had a good shot to kill both at the same time so we passed on them and let them walk off. Once they were gone we circled around got in front of them but we couldn't call them in any more.

We had a general idea on where they would roost so we set up on a large field where we might could see them go to roost for the next morning. Well we got set up about 5:50 and the only place we had to set up at was compost pile in the shape of a pond so we laid in it. We had only been there about 10 mins when the birds came out about 400 yards south of us headed east. I did not have a call in so I yelp with my natural voice and they both stopped and saw our jake decoy and they came running. Every now and then they would stop and strut and gobble. They got to 15 yards and we decided to kill them so we did!

It was an awesome sight to see them come from 400 yards! Man it was great! Once again with out the Grace and Mercy of my Lord and savior I would not enjoy His wonderful creation like I do!

-Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

trkehunr93

Sounds like a fun evening!  Congrats!

davisd9

Congratulations on a good hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

boomer

JVA54

WV Ridge Reaper