North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Upgrade this morning. UPDATED

Started by DMP, April 04, 2014, 11:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

Got another this morning.  UPGRADE

Computer at home is having problems.  Will try and get everything up soon.

:OGturkeyhead:

derek

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

BowBendr

Train still rollin....Congrats Derek.  :icon_thumright:

MDbowman

Stacking them up!  Congrats again.

DMP

The last 3 days have been eventful to say the least. After killing a bird opening day I have been trying hard to get my brother a bird.

Wednesday he misses one at 30 steps, Thursday I let a bird walk by me at 40 yds so he could shot him but by the time he had a clear shot the bird was too far.

Today we go to a spot that produces for us every year. Get in early and as day breaks we here nothing. Owls are going crazy but no gobbling. 10 mins after 7 and still no gobbling. Heard a hen so we sat down to see what was going to happen. 20 mins pass and still no gobbling. Finally we decide to move to another spot and try to find a bird. Before going I loudly hit the box call and a bird gobbles WAY off but not sure what direction. We split up about 50 yds to listen. Hit the call again and nothing. This went on for a good 10 mins with no response. We decide to walk in a direction we think the gobble came from but before doing so we hit the call one last time and he cut us off not 100 yds away. We hit the ground, called a few times and there he was. He came to my side of the tree but being the good brother that I am I was still going to let my brother shot him. I ease down to get out of his way and give him the green light when the bird is in range. Brother gets a clear lane and CLICK. What in the world. Misfire. Bird is spooked so I do my duty to lay him down at 48 steps. I figured my brother forgot to put a shell in but the shell just never fired. Had a good dent in the primer. I told him he had done something to piss off the turkey gods and the needed to run through the woods naked or something.

17 lbs
10.5" beard
1 1/8 spurs

canadatom

Swamprunner

Duke0002

You gotta stop putting those phony shells in your brother's gun!   :D

chcltlabz

Very nice.  I don't care if its turkeys, ducks or tin cans.  You only get 1 chance at the first shot.  Miss, misfire, whatever, and you've used up your first shot.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Fullfan

Nice work  way to knock em down. Love that pic, how in the world did u get him to stay like that??
Don't gobble at me...