turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Leah lays the hammer down on her first of 2014 - VIDEO

Started by gophert, March 31, 2014, 05:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Well, Leah got sweet redemption this afternoon. We went to a farm we have hunted before, just not too often. We've seen some hens over the years, but never have got on a gobbler. For some reason here in middle TN,  I am seeing a lot of gobblers all alone, which makes for some real good fun. We sat down by the tree and this ol boy gobbled not 5 minutes later to our direct left in the timber. We were sitting on an old road that runs along the back fence of this property. Let me preface this by saying I totally looked like a amateur camera man today. I FORGOT TO TURN ON THE BOOM MIC. All you can hear is what's coming through Leah's wireless mic on her. He came in and was making his way to the decoys. I think this may have been the first time I've ever heard the "fith dooom" of one drumming. He really put on a show. The video is a little lengthy through the part I could not find the bird so feel free to fast farward.  If you listen closely you can hear the gobbles.  Hope you enjoy!

21.5 lbs....8.5" Beard....1" spurs

VIDEO:  http://youtu.be/LscwCy_92xU

bamagtrdude

---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

hookedspur

Great !! She new it was all over but the dancing as soon as she pulled the trigger.   :jackson:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

JALA Strut

slamman

congrats on a nice bird, great video and love the turkey dance.  :turkey2:  thanks for sharing.

Hognutz

Congrats to Leah and one very proud father. Nice Job, Tim..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

sonofabuck

familyman

That's awesome....and adorable!    Loved the victory dance!   What great memories you made there.   Congrats to you both!

conrad97

bowmike

Favorite part is at 6:39 when she is dancing then ghetto stomps his head. :blob10:

CLASSIC!

boomer

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mechanical31

That's my kind of video. Hope to get my son's first here in a couple of weeks. Congratulations!

longbeard11