turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TK2000 40 yd Targets

Started by Rray41, March 27, 2014, 09:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rray41

I'm very impressed with my new TK2000.  Shoots very good at 40!!

100 gr pyrodex rs
2 1/2" wad
#6 lead

Frank G

Good job  :icon_thumright: that will get the job done nicely. Have one myself this year, can't wait for this weekend "to smoke one"  :happy0064:

Frank G  In Tennessee

bradb

boomer

joey46

Very similar to the pattern I get with mine using the same load but with Goex BP.  Here is a picture of the first mzl kill with my TK2000 when it was new in 2011.  Devastating but this was at around 30 yards.  I've never seen the need to play around with loads any further than Knight's recommended loadings.  This season's bird was shot at around 26 yards and the results were about the same. 

Frank G

:happy0064: Oh ya, ML SGs are a fun shoot. I see a number of guys using them on this site. Can't wait until tomorrow morning. To late this year but a thought, how about "Team ML" next season  :camohat:

Frank G  In Tennessee

outdoors

INTERESTING ,,, I WAS LOOKING AT THE TK2000 - REALTREE XTRA GREEN, THUMBHOLE , AND CAN'T FIND ONE AND ALSO WHATS THE DIFFERANCE ,, WESTERN AND OR FULl PLASTIC JACKET THANKS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

joey46

In most states the TK2000 can be shipped to you direct from Knight.  Knight Rifles has a decent web site that should also list their dealers in your area.   I'm not sure any other American company is making a modern mzl any longer.   ??? might be wrong on that.

Frank G

Quote from: outdoors on March 28, 2014, 01:34:28 PM
INTERESTING ,,, I WAS LOOKING AT THE TK2000 - REALTREE XTRA GREEN, THUMBHOLE , AND CAN'T FIND ONE AND ALSO WHATS THE DIFFERANCE ,, WESTERN AND OR FULl PLASTIC JACKET THANKS

Check out their web site, explains the options. It is rare to find one "unless" you buy new. Any that pop up on these sites are grabbed up quickly. I am looking for a second myself, keep missing out. Hope you find one, the quality of fit and finish is top shelf. You will have a ball hunting with one.
:camohat:

Frank G  In Tennessee

outdoors

I WENT TOO THE KNIGHTS WEB AND CALLED AND I GOT TIRED OF WAITING I WAS ON HOLD FOR OVER 25 min.I HUNG UP . WHEN U LOOK AT THE OPTION U HAVE A CHOICE AND IM ASKING WHATS DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO 
WESTERN AND OR FULl PLASTIC JACKET THANKS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Frank G

Quote from: outdoors on March 28, 2014, 05:31:31 PM
I WENT TOO THE KNIGHTS WEB AND CALLED AND I GOT TIRED OF WAITING I WAS ON HOLD FOR OVER 25 min.I HUNG UP . WHEN U LOOK AT THE OPTION U HAVE A CHOICE AND IM ASKING WHATS DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO 
WESTERN AND OR FULl PLASTIC JACKET THANKS
Sorry you couldn't connect, I know they have moved to Tennessee and still setting up.
The full plastic jacket holds the 209 primer and aligns with the nipple. I'll send a image of mine. I believe the Western holds the 209 typical of most MLs. Hope this helps.  :icon_thumright:

Frank G  In Tennessee

joey46

I honestly don't know the difference between the full jacket and western either.  When I got my TK in 2011 all that was available was the full plastic jacket system for the primer.  The owners manual showed an optional breech plug to eliminate the plastic jacket. I tried to order it and was informed it was no longer available.  Should not be a concern unless you plan to shoot a whole lot.  In my case my shooting is limited to a few sighting in shots and hopefully a shot or two at turkeys every year.  Firing that gun with a 2 1/2oz load pushed by 100 grains of powder isn't all that much fun anyway :z-dizzy:.  It is a kicker but really gets the job done at normal ranges.  I have some other components to shoot lighter loads for squirrels etc but as yet haven't tried them.  I would like to try a few shots with about 1 1/2oz of shot pushed by about 70 grains of powder and see how that patterns and feels to my shoulder.