turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kentucky report

Started by hollandhunter, March 26, 2014, 10:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollandhunter

I live in south centrel kentucky in the sticks. An the gobblers here finally split up and have been hammering every morning in all 4 directions here at the house for about 2 weeks now. Even during the snow flurries we got yesterday. But they hush soon as they hit the ground.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

TBab

I went last Friday morning and there was 2 birds never made a peep on the limb and then when they pitched down in the field side by side they went in full strut and gobbled their brains out for about 45 minutes. Then as expected here came the herd of women and they quieted down. I pulled a few gobbles from a crow call. It was an awesome morning for a little scouting. Especially just wanting to just watch the field and the birds just about pitch down on your head. lol This is a picture of the field 2 longbeards weren't in strut and those jakes in the back were tore all to pieces.
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

B.HUNT

Northern Ky, Boone county went out today for youth hunt heard nothing. We hunted till 3pm trying diffrent loactions with nothing happening.
TAG IT! BAG IT! EAT IT!

rockyfackler

Bud one my of my said they same thing heard nothing, central kentucky.we heard nothing are self were we hunt in bullitt county.

jhcats10

Quote from: rockyfackler on April 05, 2014, 09:54:41 PM
Bud one my of my said they same thing heard nothing, central kentucky.we heard nothing are self were we hunt in bullitt county.
?????

TBab

Me and a buddy took a youth this morning here in Southeastern KY. Got out of the truck and opened the gate and heard a bird not 100 yards in front of us. Ended up there was 6 gobblers roosted together within 125 yards but they had hens roosted with them. Birds gobbled their heads off on the roost and we done all we could to beat those hens but you just cant change their mind from the real thing. Once they were on the ground we could pull an occasional courtesy gobble but couldn't ever get that hot bird. They were fairly quiet on the ground as opposed to the 200 gobbles on the limb. There was however a neighboring property that had a bird that gobbled his head off at every sound made every 30 seconds until 10:30 this morning. Its all about finding that bird that wants to be called. But sure was one hell of a day and the kid really enjoyed the experience of his first turkey hunt.
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence