OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best turkey hunting gloves?

Started by okslayrio, March 25, 2014, 05:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okslayrio

What is your favorite pair of gloves? My problem so far is if I find a pair of gloves I like that have good dexterity and can feel really well through, they have a short cuff and expose my wrists, and gloves designed for turkey hunting that do have a long cuff usually have the rubber dotted palm and fingers and I can't grip my striker properly, feel to pick up a diaphragm, etc... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Gooserbat

I like the primos spandex gloves w/o the ruber palms.  I did pick up aa pair of the ol'tom gloves a few days ago but I've not hunted with them yet.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

drenalinld

I prefer none. If you feel it is a problem put a little camo paint on them. Turkeys don't worry about bare hands, they worry about moving hands with or without gloves.

okslayrio

awesome I'll looking those Gooserbat, the primos with the grip are what I had before and I liked them all except the grip. Aren't y'all based here, out of Oklahoma? And Dren I didn't even think about that if nothing I'll cut the fingers out and try that. Thanks guys!

jblackburn

Quote from: okslayrio on March 25, 2014, 05:10:43 PM
What is your favorite pair of gloves? My problem so far is if I find a pair of gloves I like that have good dexterity and can feel really well through, they have a short cuff and expose my wrists, and gloves designed for turkey hunting that do have a long cuff usually have the rubber dotted palm and fingers and I can't grip my striker properly, feel to pick up a diaphragm, etc... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I've always had the same problem.  I usually get long cuff jersey gloves and cut the fingers out.  I also mush have goofy long fingers because where the fingers meet on gloves is usually near the middle joint of my fingers.  Sam told me about the primos gloves, too.  My try them.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Garrett Trentham

I use the spandex Primos gloves as well. They're cool in hot weather and I like that they are long enough to stretch over my shirt sleeve. I cut the thumb, index, and middle fingers off at the first knuckle on both hands which pretty much fixes the grip problem for me.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

30_06

The First Lite merino wool gloves have worked well for me.

bamagtrdude

I hunted with some Allen camo gloves, but recently picked up some Thugs gloves @ Wal-Mart for cheap; they had 2 different kinds - one synth material, and the other mesh.  Usually with mesh gloves, I'll cut the tips out of the fingers.  But, so far, I'm liking the synth ones - prob like the Primos gloves others are talking about.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

memert116

guess I'm gonna have to try a pair of the Primos and Ol'Tom gloves

olejake

I had picked up a pair of Redheads at BPS prior to the season opener last weekend and used them Sat for the first time..was pleased with 'em..no problem using the striker nor picking anything up...heck, even could use the Droid touch screen..lol

Gooserbat

Quote from: bamagtrdude on March 25, 2014, 08:42:06 PM
I hunted with some Allen camo gloves, but recently picked up some Thugs gloves @ Wal-Mart for cheap; they had 2 different kinds - one synth material, and the other mesh.  Usually with mesh gloves, I'll cut the tips out of the fingers.  But, so far, I'm liking the synth ones - prob like the Primos gloves others are talking about.

Last year I too picked up a pair of the spandex Thug gloves from Wal Mart and they are not the same as the Primos.  They didn't fit nearly as well, the "texture " on the palms where bad, and only lasted about half way through season.  Maybe I just got a bad pair but I didn't care for them.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TJK68

I use the Old Tom's and cut the index finger and thumb out. I had a pair of the Primos and did the same thing to them, either pair works great.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

SCGobbler

I buy several pair as I find them throughout the year and always carry a spare.

It never fails when you go with someone whether it be a guest, child, father, hunting buddy, myself, etc... Somebody is gonna lose a glove! ????

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Tommythreetoes

Under armour hurlock (spelling?) gloves.  Love em.