Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

11-87 & 835 Patterns W/ Indian Creek, Jellyhead, Hevi tubes

Started by TBab, March 20, 2014, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBab

We had a good warm sunny bluebird day a few days ago so I decided to hit the patterning board.
All shots were at a lased 41 yards from the end of the barrel
79 degrees with no wind

First was my wife's setup 11-87 12 gauge 26'' bbl 3 inch chamber with 3'' Mag Blends and Hevi-shot Dead Coyote tube. 182 in the 10''

Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

TBab

Next was the 11-87 with .665 JellyHead and 3'' Longbeard XR #5's
185 in the 10'' at 41 yards
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

TBab

Then to my set up. Mossberg 835 Indian Creek .675 with 3.5 Longbeard XR #5's
41 yards
191 in the 10'' on the first shot

212 in the 10'' on the second shot.

I am pleased with all of them to say the least. Just have 23 days left before I get to stop shooting paper and start busting some turkey lips.

chatterbox

TJK68

Gobble!

BandedSpur

Loose Wire

Grunt-N-Gobble

Wow!!!   Makes you wonder what your #'s would be had you shot 6's.

Could you imagine what the patterns would be if Winchester applied that same resin to a HTL shot?  Makes me wonder.

tomstopper

TBab

I went and bought a box of the #6 Long Beards and finally got to try them out today shot at the same 41 yard mark but the IC didn't like them that much. I got a mid 170 pattern with them. Shot the #5's through the IC again today and it was in the high 180's-low 190's. But ran the 6's through my Sumtoy and put up 232 in the 10. The temps and wind varied quiet a bit between the 212 pattern with the #5's, it was 80 degrees and zero wind and today I had a stiff cross wind to the target an about 59 degrees. No doubt about it I am a lover of the LongBeards and I will use them and kill turkeys. I am thinking that they are a little sensitive to weather conditions or that's what it seems to me. But I love em. lol Love it or Hate it

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TBab

Quote from: rainingmallards on March 26, 2014, 08:24:06 PM
I have not seen a better tube than the Hevi13 from HeviShot

I bought that Hevi-13 Dead coyote choke and never thought about patterning it for turkeys but it done an awesome job. If I'm not mistaken for a Remington its a .664 constriction. Just a smidge tighter than the JellyHead.