OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 ga reminder for em shells

Started by gobbler74, March 14, 2011, 12:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Quote from: Hognutz on March 17, 2011, 04:06:35 PM
I got my reply today from Sean..
Michael,
Unfortunately the 10g market is extremely small in the whole scheme of the ammo market.  We will be expanding a very limited number of 10g loads for next year, but I have not heard about new turkey loads.  I will pass on your interest.
Thank you for your interest in Hevi Shot.

Sean Litrakis
Customer Service
Pro Staff Director
Hevi Shot®
"I didn't come this far to miss!"

Ok..had you ever considered buying a gun that didn't have ammo available? It doesn't help make a purchase. 20 years ago the 3.5" 12ga became the new beast. Shell options galore. H&r had already helped kill the 10 ga with the single shot mule stomper that scared off more shooters than it attracted. Ever noticed how many of those singles 10's you run across in used gun sections? From that guns reputation came a dark reputation for most 10 ga guns. "Recoil monster".  That's not the case in pumps and autos. With the success of the 3.5 12 growing the 10 ga has fought to stay alive.  With htl shells the 10 ga is back on top as a performer. With non toxic band wagons rolling across America I think the ammo would be successful and help keep a nice gun from becoming extinct. Too much of that happening. I'm probably riding a sinking shop but I ain't lettin her sink without a fight.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"