News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Broadheads

Started by oldfart, March 14, 2011, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Mallia

savedbygrace

Mainly Rocket Sledgehammers. Did carry Magnus bullheads this year but didn't get an opportunity to try them. Maybe next year.

redrivergar

Another vote for rage 2 blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobbler777

I use the same Slick Trick Mag 100s that I use for deeer hunting. They fly well and, delivered into the vitals" do the "trick". Accuracy is the most important; broadhead is secondary.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

J Hook

Magnus Snuffers here.

SeekingtheTrophy

Another for Rage 2 blades

zeus26

Has anyone ever used G5 Montecs for turks?  I've harvested a few deer using their 100 grain Montec CS.  If others have found them to be less effective on turkeys, then I would look in to some other options.

Thanks,

Eric

captpete

Pretty much any broadhead will work, especially a large cut expandable. Like said above shot placement is more important. When I did bowhunt turkeys, I used Rocket Stricknine heads. The blades don't hold up well, but they kill turkeys. In my opinion, you want to "thump" a turkey when using a bow. You want the bird to absorb all the energy from the arrow....you don't want the arrow just zipping through it. A lot of people that bowhunt them will turn the weight down on the bow and in combination with the big cut expandable get that "thump". 

zeus26

Quote from: captpete on February 04, 2012, 08:52:20 AM
Pretty much any broadhead will work, especially a large cut expandable. Like said above shot placement is more important. When I did bowhunt turkeys, I used Rocket Stricknine heads. The blades don't hold up well, but they kill turkeys. In my opinion, you want to "thump" a turkey when using a bow. You want the bird to absorb all the energy from the arrow....you don't want the arrow just zipping through it. A lot of people that bowhunt them will turn the weight down on the bow and in combination with the big cut expandable get that "thump".

I've heard that as well. I really don't want to make any changes in my draw weight (which would also create a need to move pins).  The Montec CS's have zipped through deer for me, but deer aren't covered in feathers and wing bones!  That's why I was hoping someone might have experience with Montecs on Toms.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

ohiomossyoak

Im still a newb..But if I take the bow out and not the mossberg it will be in a blind using Carbon Express F15 4 blade mechanical
"Mister X"=2013 Recon'ed Stryker Strykezone 380 covered in Mossy Oak Treestand camo(1inch groups@45yards off a bench with Slick Trick Broadheads)
"General Patton"=Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag/24in ported barrel in  woodland camo

spurz

Arrowslinger10

I shoot a Rage 3 blade. But Rage just came out with this.
http://www.basspro.com/Rage-Turkey-2Blade-Mechanical-Broadheads/product/89098400/299132

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

zeus26

Quote from: Arrowslinger10 on February 09, 2012, 06:43:42 PM
http://www.basspro.com/Rage-Turkey-2Blade-Mechanical-Broadheads/product/89098400/299132

I wonder what the difference is between the turkey and deer/big game heads?  I hope its more than just what the packaging says.

captpete

Quote from: zeus26 on February 11, 2012, 11:15:04 AM
Quote from: Arrowslinger10 on February 09, 2012, 06:43:42 PM

I wonder what the difference is between the turkey and deer/big game heads?  I hope its more than just what the packaging says.

From what I can see, the only difference is the turkey head has 2 1/4" cut compared to the 2" of the regular/deer head.