turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

charles daly 20ga w/ fed 7's and RSF

Started by DUPREE, March 13, 2011, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUPREE

I just joined the sight, but I figured id share my pattern I get out of my 20ga. Last year I got 171 when I counted it but this year I got 179. Im happy with the little gun. I should have taken a better pic to show the whole pattern.

econo

May God bless you all

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

sugarray

TrkyHntr

That's a great pattern. That RSF just didn't like my gun for some reason.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

DUPREE

Quote from: sugarray on March 13, 2011, 09:32:57 PM
What is the length of the barrel?

its a youth model, dont know what the man. length was, but it measures 21 3/16". Its nearly an inch longer than an 870 youth.

shootumindaface

300Mag

Had fun shooting today I just wish my 870 would shoot like that Charles daly. My 870 was getting in the 150's  with duprees rsf choke. I taped the 40 yards also, post a pic of the guns.

DUPREE

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 13, 2011, 09:43:57 PM
How many times you shoot it
Yesterday I shot it once with fed/rsf. I did some other shooting with hevi13 and a gsx. I shot the RSF and fed a good bit last year though and I consistently get the same numbers. I have a couple other pics I will post tonight when I'm on my pc.

S.C.C

Great pattern! :icon_thumright:   Are you using the HEVI or Lead REM. choke tube?

DUPREE

Quote from: S.C.C on March 14, 2011, 09:45:58 AM
Great pattern! :icon_thumright:   Are you using the HEVI or Lead REM. choke tube?
Lead

DUPREE

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 14, 2011, 10:51:19 AM
DUPREE,

Looks good if you are putting up patterns like that consistently. My CD was hovering around that same  170s mark when I patterned them with my RSF.

If your patterns were consistent, I would definitely go with the Feds over the H13s, simply because you have way more energy out of them.

Did you do any 50 yd shooting with them? I was averaging around 115 at 50 yds last year.
I did not shoot it any at 50. I had a nice even pattern with the h13, but I don't plan on hunting with it. I only tried them b/c I got a box of 5's for $9. I set the gun up with the hw last year and will continue to keep the same setup unless something better than federal hw comes out in a FACTORY load.

jtharpe

DUPREE

here is a pic of one of my patterns last year with the RSF and fed 7's.

Also here is a pic of the guns we shot yesterday. My charles daly is on the far right.

[attachment deleted by admin]

old frank

That is a great pattern, I think you are ready! :groupwave: