Main Menu

Winchester Longbeard XR 3.5" #4's

Started by Punisher, January 08, 2014, 07:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

I would hunt with either one of those patterns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WildSpur

That's crazy!  Some guns can't get that with #6!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

trkehunr93

I love it!!!  I was in Gander Mountain yesterday and they have the 4's and 6's in stock in 3.5".  I knew from what I was seeing that #4 shot would make a comeback.  Would love to see what it looks like when the temps are in the 50-65 range. 

Punisher

Would you guys stick with this or try another choke?  Sumtoy, I would love to have your input as well.

trkehunr93

I say stay with what you got.  Lead 4's have never had this capability, this combo will flat smash a turkeys head!

R AJ

Quote from: Punisher on January 15, 2014, 08:59:48 PM
Would you guys stick with this or try another choke?  Sumtoy, I would love to have your input as well.

I'm definitely no Sumtoy but with that pattern of #4s I'd sure be curious to see what #5s do for you as they would definitely have plenty of energy at 40 while still being able to break bone. On the other hand if those 4s look like that at 40 then at 30 there may be close to the whole load of shot being inside the 10 .

SKFOOTER

I'd like to see what that gun/shell combo does thru a tighter choke, say .665-.670???    It wouldn't surprise me if it put more pellets in the 10". :OGturkeyhead:

darn2ten

That will do it every time. I'd much rather shoot those 4's with those numbers than the 6's any day.

SumToy

Quote from: Punisher on January 15, 2014, 08:59:48 PM

I missed this some way.  Now We have been in the 120 rang with 3 inch and 140 rang with 31/2.  Now We have not set down to try and get target patterns with the loads as of now.  We have been more into the hunting patterns.  Now Your patterns are in line with most and you may pick up a few but is it worth the money to buy a choke to get a few more shot????  Like always "How dead is dead"
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA