Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Been quiet in this joint!

Started by davisd9, March 03, 2014, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Hey guys.  Things are starting to amp up and some of us are getting close to hitting the woods.  Mornings like this morning make it tough on an ole turkey hunter.  I walked out the door and started gobbling and strutting. 

When does everyone's hunting start?  I am hoping to get a jump start and hunt the lowcountry on the 15th but not sure if I will.  If I do not then Toms better look out on April 1 cause I will at least be in the woods.

Looking forward to another great and fun season with you fellows!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Good to here your having a nice spring like morning.  Snowing AGAIN up my way, 63 degrees yesterday now its snowing.  The 21"s we got two weeks ago just finally melted, good thing about it is that we should be on track for a normal spring up my way, keep getting alot of cold snaps.  Tends to keep the birds gobbling better thru out our season and not getting cranked up early in March and totally shutting down by the 2nd week of our season in April.  Baby letting you sleep?

turkeykiller22

Season opens in AL on the 15th so I should be in the woods then! The second weekend, march 23, Ill be in FL trying to get my first Osceola!!!

Good luck everyone!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

SCGobbler

My Dad sent me this photo from one of his game cameras this morning.  Its good news and bad news the way I look at it!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

trkehunr93

Quote from: SCGobbler on March 03, 2014, 03:48:12 PM
My Dad sent me this photo from one of his game cameras this morning.  Its good news and bad news the way I look at it!

Lotta competition in that photo!  You just have to have a prettier decoy.

boomer

Archery starts on the 25th here. Hoping it will be a warmer by then. Thinking we've had only a couple days since mid January that's been above 32 degrees.

SCGobbler

I heard that... a bunch of competition!

I bet he's a happy fella though!

:drool:
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

davisd9

Great picture!

Looks like I will be heading to Bama to hunt the 20th - 23rd.   :z-guntootsmiley:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeykiller12

Hows it going guys? My season gets to rolling here in the peach state this coming weekend March 15th. GA is having a youth weekend this year, so me and my oldest are going out to try and get him his first gobbler. The regular season here opens on March 22nd. Ive got some pretty promising trail cam pics but we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you guys.

davisd9

Quote from: Turkeykiller12 on March 09, 2014, 09:07:00 AM
Hows it going guys? My season gets to rolling here in the peach state this coming weekend March 15th. GA is having a youth weekend this year, so me and my oldest are going out to try and get him his first gobbler. The regular season here opens on March 22nd. Ive got some pretty promising trail cam pics but we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you guys.

That is great and I hope your boy gets him a bird.  I will be watching the board all weekend now!  Good Luck!

WV Ridge Reaper

I've been able to walk out on the porch at night a take a pee,so I know it's gettin time here.Season is still another month and a few days out.

Haven't been on here as much as I should,can't lay my bow down..I do however have a Lonnie sneed call coming shortly!!

Bustabeak

March 22nd for me as well. I've been so busy I can't see straight.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: Bustabeak on March 19, 2014, 11:30:15 AM
March 22nd for me as well. I've been so busy I can't see straight.

I added you on Instagram my name on that is Gasparro304...Didn't want you to think I was a stalker haha,what happen to the beard ?