turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Choke Co. JEBS Chokes

Started by Wolfpack, March 13, 2011, 08:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfpack

This is a new Choke Co. in Hazlehurst, Ga. These guys just started production last week.
I hope they do well.
The targets were shot out of my 870 Super Mag.

45 pellets in 5" ring and 176 total within 10"

60 pellets in 5" and 166 total within 10"

Both targets were shot out of an 870 Super Mag. 24" barrel , with a JEBS 660 Head Hunter Choke using
HEVI-13- 3"  # 5,6,7 -2oz. Blends at 40 yds.

I was hoping for 200+ in a 10" circle ,but both targets got 100% of the pattern within 25 inches@ 40 yards.
Does anyone know the pellet count for the HEVI Blends.

Dewey

drum817

Do you have a picture of the choke ?
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

BigPeck215

TrkyHntr

I think he needs to open it up a bit for those magnumblends. There is some big holes in the the 10" pattern, IMO.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

gobblingghost

eight bore

Yep, too much squeeze, straight sevens might be interesting.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

Wolfpack

No website yet.
I will get some contact info ,and a picture of the choke posted.

They just ran the Rem chokes. I should be able to shoot mine this week.
Will try a .665 + before I lock it down. With Turkey season coming in Sat. I
may not be able to hunt with this choke opening day.
Dewey

Thanks for the pellet count.

VAHUNTER

love to see the pattern from a .665 or .670
still very good hunting patterns  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

Wolfpack

Here are a couple pictures of the chokes.
I just realized Turkey season comes in on the 26th. so I have an extra week to dial in one of these chokes.
Hopefully I can get some targets with a .665 and .670.
This is starting to get a little expensive, but I guess you only go around once.
Dewey

Gold Spur

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 14, 2011, 07:02:43 AM
love to see the pattern from a .665 or .670
still very good hunting patterns  :icon_thumright:

X2, good looking choke also.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Snoody Bastid

Good looking tube. You can blind over head pilots with that badboy though.

mcgruff1533

Nice looking choke, hopefully they can find their niche in the marketplace and gain a following of loyal customers.

goblr77

Nice machine work on that choke.

fountain

i saw them 2 fridays ago in the store and got to talk with them.  the patterns looked nice, but i have seen higher numbers from already proven chokes/loads..especially the nitros that they are shooting a lot.  i am really hoping to see some mossberg patterns soon.  i know at the time they did not have any built and were in the process of getting them worked up.  its gonna take something pretty good to beat the rhino/nitro patterns that get posted a lot around here..and hopefully i can post if my freakin gun ever gets here!  i have not heard directly from the source, but the price i heard is definately steep for me.  no doubt they are probably the best looking machined choke i have laid eyes on, but performance is what im after and things are tight right now.  i wish i could get my gun and go shoot with them and see what it will do for myself with MY gun. 

fountain

ooo yea, the fit of the choke in the barell was very nice too..absolutely no play what so ever..very nice, tight fit.