News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

It's coming boys.....

Started by DMP, March 01, 2014, 12:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

Want be long now.   :turkey2:

Heard my first gobble of the season this morning and hopefully many more to come.  Went to do some tractor work on the club this morning and got there in time to listen some.  Heard two sound off at first light.  Still a little early here but their starting to talk.  April 1 can't get here fast enough.
:OGturkeyhead:

sadkins

I had 4 long beards in my yard yesterday 50 yards from front door

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

BowBendr

They've been really loud on the roost this past week even though it's still really cold. they go dead silent as soon as their feet touch terra firma. There are a few maples and redbuds that are just about to bust their buds open. It won't be long and they days are getting longer now.

Really going to make a better effort this year to keep up with birds during the mid-morning hours and work more toward killing them then than just worrying about their roost.......

canadatom

Can't wait to hear that first gobble!!  Finally warming up a bit here and starting to see lone gobblers walking around so things are looking up, can't wait.

derek

Heard my first gobbles this morning.. not too hot but heard quite a few different birds light off at least once.  Great to hear. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Fullfan

It is -2 here and we got 6 more inches of snow. So glad I heat my home with wood...
Don't gobble at me...

bawana

Quote from: Fullfan on March 13, 2014, 08:41:30 AM
It is -2 here and we got 6 more inches of snow. So glad I heat my home with wood...
These are the type days I really enjoy being retired!!

Fullfan

LOL oh I hear that  yesterday had to call the barracks where I retired from, I asked them how the roads were. They did not think I was very funny..

When we would have bad weather, we would receive 100 calls a shift asking " How are the roads"
Don't gobble at me...

BowBendr

Oh my goodness, the daffodils have shot up thru the ground and are trying to bloom and the crepe myrtles have busted their buds open....my wife will want the cover off the pool next week........

MDbowman

This morning I got a text from my brother in NH. Said it was -9 when he left the house to go fish this morning and he drilled through 24" of ice. I asked him if he was going to ice fish or turkey hunt on the turkey opener May 3.

Duke0002

The weather is teasing us here.  Almost one month to go!   :gobble: